Australian Politics, Mark II

Dogs start your whistling.

Guy has promised that his government would transfer all banking to Bendigo Bank. No tenders, nada.

I just work on the principle that he’s a crook.

4 Likes

You mean like the free ones being offered by the Victorian Labor Party?

There is also the problem of the Centrelink youth allowance, for which apprentices are eligible The Youth Allowance is less than the Family Tax A and B allowance, which a family loses when the kid leaves school. The apprentice has to buy the tools and the working gear and quite often needs a car to get to work and to TAFE. Free TAFE, while welcome, is only part of the picture.

So, this election thingy tomorrow. Is it going to be something?

It will certainly be something, if people persist in voting above the line for the upper house. Deliberately illogical preference flows could result in something approaching 1/3 Coalition, 1/3 ALP, 1/3 Greens and lots of Druery-rigged micro-parties (with almost all of the latter elected from a percent or two of the primary vote).

FRIENDS DON’T LET FRIENDS VOTE ABOVE THE LINE.

Easy to do otherwise, just fill in at least 5 boxes below the line.

7 Likes

Yes, true. I hope that rubbish is changed next time.

I want Glenn Drewery to look out the Voluntary Euthanasia Party, with less emphasis on the voluntary.

This preference whispering ■■■■ is making a mockery of the whole thing.

1 Like

If you’re being compelled to vote, at least get some enjoyment out of the process.

Below the line, every time.

And whilst you’re there, just try to find a party or individual to place below those Catch The Fire dopes. I bet you can’t.

1 Like

Just got my democracy sausage: delivered with onions on the bottom!

FFS.

Lovely fresh bread, though.

Australian Liberty Alliance got the honour of being last.

2 Likes

I managed to avoid the loitering party volunteers handing out pamphlets, at the gate. Then realised I was getting chased by the Liberal party Volunteer. He walked into the building to hand me a pamphlet. In which I p!ssed myself laughing, “nah mate”.

1 Like

You take all leaflets - it’s a matter of courtesy.

1 Like

No you don’t

9 Likes

We will have to agree to disagree then.

No we won’t. :smirk:

2 Likes

No we won’t.

2 Likes

Guess I’m on my own with this one…

Really shouldn’t need to take any.

2 Likes

Take all pamphlets? No way way on earth. I’m on the ‘take no pamphlets’ team. Make your own ■■■■■■■ mind up

3 Likes

6 Likes