Australian Politics, Mark II

He is in the process of swallowing his pride

2 Likes

It bothers me that absolutely anyone is thinking ā€œhey, yeah. This guy has a point.ā€ After last time and the subsequent rorting and awful treatment of his own employees.

How long before Palmer announces that heā€™ll build a wall around Australia if elected and will make Indonesia pay for it?

Apparently heā€™s now sending unsolicited texts saying that he will stop political parties from sending unsolicited texts. I understand heā€™s trying to come off like your cheery uncle that kids around butā€¦

1 Like

Well, if nothing is done to minimise the effects of ocean warming, then we might have to build a few walls to keep the jellyfish out.

Isnā€™t the proliferation of jellyfish due to over-fishing (i.e. removal of their predators)?

Itā€™s from all the Gelatin run off from the Abattoirs.

1 Like

Itā€™s a big part of it. Also, they tend to be plankton feeders so they do pretty well when fertiliser runoff causes microorganism or algal blooms as well.

Their reproductive rate means they are able to adapt to the changing environment quicker than most species. Warmer waters expand their range, more acidic waters help, and the overfishing of their predators is a biggie. Higher seas levels will also expand their range, hence why we need the ocean to pay for our seawall

Why has no one made an attack of the jelly fish movie.

Cuz itā€™s pretty hard to spend 90 minutes convincing an audience to be scared of something you can evade at a slow walking pace.

1 Like

They have made Snakes on a Plane and Sharknado. I donā€™t think realism is the selling point.

2 Likes

Half the world is terrified of at least one of those two though

Wasnā€™t it Jaws that made everyone afraid of sharks.

2 Likes

The blob with tentacles, could easily work

Starring Clive Palmer as the blob, yes?

2 Likes
1 Like

Classic

1 Like

Kelly Oā€™Dwyer resigning from politics. Did not see that one coming.

Not that surprised Iā€™d expect to see a few more.

Sheā€™s talented and still young(40). Sheā€™d walk into good jobs paying 300-500k. Or she sticks around for three terms on the backbench while the liberal party has its civil war. Itā€™s an easy choice.

2 Likes