Australian Politics, Mark II

Surely it’s their last desperate whimper
What else have they tried?

• investigate the unions
  • use taxpayer funds for parliamentary inquiry to labor policy linked to fund raisers and family members businesses
  • move the embassy in Israel
  • decline to investigate the banks
  • champions of fossil fuel
  • champions of discrimination under the banner of ‘religious freedom’
  • postal vote on marriage equality
  • roll out John Howard
  • sack their elected leader
  • national energy guarantee scrapped
  • gift half a billion $ to a handful of business mates to ‘protect’ the reef
  • not aligned to global emission strategies
  • anti women culture
  • gave us a half baked NBN

Probably more that I don’t even recall

2 Likes

Safe Schools vs Chaplains.
Incidentally, where I Iive, in Dutton’s fairly conservative electorate no less, my kid’s school was recently organising and promoting a ‘Chaplains gala night’ fundraiser. Cancelled last week due to lack of bookings.

3 Likes

What a sh**ty stunt - open Christmas Island again because of the new medivac legislation.

They will drag a boat here to try and win this.

3 Likes

They will do worse than that.

They are scum, pure and simple.

4 Likes

Unfortunately a fair percentage of the voting public has proven to be no better. I hope at least some of them have woken up/had a heart transplant since the last election.

1 Like

I hope so too, but that seems like an “Essendon have to come good this year” type thing.

I’ll be extremely happy if it’s true, but I have to see it happen first.

1 Like

There’s a bit of evidence

SSM vote
Victorian election
Wentworth byelection.

It’s 2019 not 2001. People under 35(?) didn’t even vote in the Tampa election.

1 Like
  • Debt keeps rising

Remember how that was an issue when labor were in office? Well, now it’s not an issue. All under control.

1 Like

They have no other viable options.

Can’t run on their health record.
Can’t run on their education record.
Can’t run on their economic record (house price tumble is significant here)

Hell they can’t even run on “labor are a backstabbing rabble” because they are currently the backstabbing rabble.

Their only plays left are border security, Shorten/unions are bad and I dunno, national security maybe?

1 Like

It will be a huge issue again in 6 months time.

1 Like

True, and I hope this proves to be the trend.

It’s about time there was a zeitgeist that pushed all of these ■■■■■■ left instead of right.

It’ll be like that caravan of immigrants from central America that was going to invade and destroy the American way of life last October.

Come to think of it, I haven’t heard an update on that caravan since early November. Are they still on their way?

Bullshit is waaaaaaay easier to detect these days

No doubt in my mind that the Electorate is generally smarter than it was in 2001; absolutely a reflection of young people and their access to the World.

The Victorian Election, the defeat of the Liberals in Qld and even Wentworth are signs that for more of us, bullshite no longer baffles brains.

In some respects, while I applaud my generation for voting in a progressive Whitlam Government, we lost the plot and got comfortable and maybe selfish.

I am more optimistic than I have been for a long time.

6 Likes

That’s an ultra kind description of the crap that is NBN

4 Likes

Unless you are in the USA and support Trump

Not since the wall was finished and subsequently doubled in height with added sharks and laser beams and hounds with bees in their mouth and when they bark, they shoot bees at you.

1 Like

I applaud the electorate that voted PJK back in 93 after it looked like they were gone for all money 4 months out.

That was the last time people understood that Liberals, via the incompetence of Hewson, actually have NO FARKING IDEA how to run an economy.

Nothing has changed since.

2 Likes

You forgot trickle-down economics and the IPA. Surely they work!

4 Likes

The Libs most certainly trickle down, that is without question. Don’t think it has anything to do with economy, just what comes out their mouths.