Australian Politics, Mark II

Have the self-destructive numbats* announced May 18 yet? The door wants to hit them on the way out.

*apologies to numbats.

1 Like

Nope. Just tying up a few loose ends.

Adani approval? Tick

FFS

there is no way this current government isnt the WORST we have ever been unfortunate to have lived under.

4 Likes

The Adani decision is equivalent to the East West Tunnel the State Libs did just before going caretaker.

4 Likes

Except it would be like the tunnel only carrying horse and cart, and cut through a rainforest.

4 Likes

If the cart was made of napalm and the horse was radioactive dragon with herpes

4 Likes

9 more Adani environmental plans to go before the Queensland Government makes its decision. Shorten might be sweating on a delay prior to the election.

I reckon the QLD Government will not look at it until June at the earliest.

Except that it is not the Federal Government that approves this type of planning matter, so ScoMo is just pandering to all the rednecks in Qld.

2 Likes

Would it be reckless to start an election promises thread?

Oh, since when did she care about tradies?

3 Likes

I had someone run that line at me today.

I tried to a. Bring the price down due to increased supply, b. Suggest that battery charging times and battery quality may well improve exponentially over the next 11 years, considering how much improvement has been made the last 10 years, c. Suggested the range per charge may well improve too, and d. They’re only aiming to have 50% of new cars by 2030, not replace cars.

1 Like

Having a fuel excise problem is whats called a nice problem to have.

Its like saying we have a tobacco or alcohol excise problem.

If you take fuel costs out of the family or business budget it gives them more money to spend elsewhere. Stimulates the economy.

Essentially it has the same effect as a tax cut, because it should reduce the cost of.

Public transport
Freight costs
Private transport
Taxis and rideshare

Or if the loss of fuel excise reduces government tax take, tĂ´ heavily its easy. Off-set it with an increase in consumption taxes. Everything we consume has a fuel cost component to it.

1 Like

Ban their favourite utes!!! FFS this was the mob that taunted GM and Ford and virtually told them to F off out of the country if I remember correctly by that laziest leaner of them all, old Smoking Joe. With the exchange rate not $1+ like it was then, they would be doing ok.

4 Likes

BuT iT wAs Da UNIONS.

3 Likes

Angus Taylor posts old Top Gear vid of test , dumping on EVs - later proved to be fake.
And calling Shorten’s reference to charging time of 8 minutes a John Hewson moment.
But Tim Washington, Chair of EV Council, says takes 8 minutes to charge for 200km and technology advancing faster.
What a way to debate policies.

Won’t be the dumbest thing we have to endure in the campaign.

3 Likes

FixĂŠd

3 Likes

A Liberal staffer was overheard to say that Joe Goose ( what he calls dickheads in the suburbs) does not care about a surplus, gotta talk to him about cars.
If he ever gets out of the Canberra bubble, should take a gander at what Mother Goose cares about.

1 Like

The libs are scrambling.

Whilst they have been screwing the pooch, Labor have actually been working.

Fwiw I dont think electric vehicle are much of an election issue. But its a nice environmental battleground away from Adani, which neither really want to discuss.

By pandering to the redneck QLders with Adani wouldn’t they lose votes in the inner city electorates, like the one Abbott is struggling with?