Australian Politics, Mark II

Well, Barnaby is a well known campaigner

Has anyone here seen VICE? Some one seems to have stolen the idea of inheritance tax from that movie.
In Vice, it is called Estate tax, and Cheney wants to get rid of it, so he does a focus group on the tax but gives it 2 names.
One on the name ā€œDeath taxā€, the other ā€œEstate taxā€ (or inheritance tax) The Pleb focus groups where Ok with estate tax as it sounded like a Rich person being taxed, but against Death tax as it sound macabre and unfair.
So he renamed Estate tax to death tax and then had it removed so it would be popular.
I heard about the Inheritance tax thing on 774 abc radio from a talk back callerā€¦ and all i could think wasā€¦ didnā€™t i just watch that on the movie VICE?
I could be wrong, but the coincidence is creepy. the Labour person being interviewed denied it.

I gotta say, pretty clever who clicked to run that thoughā€¦ and to be honest i think labour would if it could, but probably wouldnā€™t as it is unpopular for the swinging bourgeois voteā€¦ hey allready have Negative gearing.

Hereā€™s something for you all: I have checked with all the Christians I know and every single one of them is voting for Labor, not a single one is even considering about voting Liberal.

4 Likes

Ditto all the angry alcoholic chefs I know.

Australia was about the first western country to abolish death duties, at federal level in 1978, Queensland abolished them at State level in 1977.
Apparently, there were many exemptions granted (e.g for widows and dependent children) and people got round it with family trusts ( a big issue for the family farm)

1 Like

Thanks for posting that

1 Like

Well many catholics are labour votersā€¦ like collingwood supporters who are unemployed car thievesā€¦ who do you think they would vote for? there sinners, they are going to support who supports there leaching.

:no_mouth:

Interesting, i was not too sure on the history of it in Ozā€¦
But, it was strange it came up at he same time the movie VICE did.

IceTemple is definitely not a Catholic.

Personally, i think your post is the post of a deadset prick.

8 Likes

More to come from Michael West tomorrow, something about the Cayman Islands and involvement of the CBA. The Guardians and ABC are now reporting on it, other MSM journos inhibited.

2 Likes

of course not, Essendon is a protestant clubā€¦ we would never vote labour.

Itā€™s LABOR

And I am not RCC, sort of like a Baptist (protestant).

1 Like

Technically it is a football club

and the chairman will probably vote Labor fwiw

2 Likes

So the Christians you where asking, where the RCC? or WASP?

Why do you present yourself as a bigoted trolling ignoramus ?

Surely it canā€™t be because thatā€™s what you areā€¦

Do you have a point?

Tanner may notā€¦ he works for a big bank that does saving loansā€¦ and Insuranceā€¦ which the labour party are not keen on considering there push for a royal inquisition into the banksā€¦ maybe he has gone full liberal now??

LABOR LABOR LABOR, it isnā€™t hard to get it right.