Australian Politics, Mark II

My Mum used to say stuff like that. I was polite to her and I didn’t laugh at her though it is a very funny but sad thing to believe.

2 Likes

Mum said something similar to me when I said about Moses that, ‘I’ve been lost, but I’ve never been 40 friggin’ years lost.’

Come on, though.
There must have been a hell of a lot of, ‘I swear we already passed that rock.’

2 Likes

Peak boomer post here.

2 Likes

Are you telling us that it is already pre-destined who will be saved? That Calvinist doctrine is very callous and cruel.

How on earth did you come to Calvinism from that statement?

I take it you do not know the fundamentals of Calvinism then?

Now that we are going completely off topic what is your preference for Zwingli (Zurich oriented) over Calvin ( Geneva )?

Well, I avoid the Swiss (Helvetica) and prefer the light (Lucida) but around here it is hard to avoid Dingbats.

3 Likes

Of course i do but that is not what I was saying.

Politics and religion, even get muddled together on Blitz

Seems our PM just muddled as well, not sure if he is at Hillsong or a Nazi rally. Probably Hillsong

2 Likes

Barnaby Joyce will be talking about watergate on ABC RN at 6.05 pm. Will probably consist of dumping on Penny Wong for her water buy back.

1 Like

Probably just read a statement.

Is this government fishier than those that have gone before, or has it (jobs/$ for the boys) always been this bad?

Seems the public are getting screwed pretty regularly, and all we hear from the PM is that ‘it’s in the bubble’ ‘it’s a lie’ ‘it sounds like a conspiracy theory’.

Scott Trumpisson.

Journos should pull him up and hammer him on this bullshit.

"Are you channelling Donald Trump here Prime Minister? … Do you think shouting Fake News is the way to operate in this Country, …?? Really?

2 Likes

Some uncomfortable times for the public service. The Brian Fisher study, due to be released tomorrow, was apparently commissioned by the Industry Department. Parkinson - head of PM&C - has already warned about reliance on modelling to cite costs. Parkinson has also assured Shorten that PM&C has not costed ALP policies . The authors of another study cited by the Coalition have stepped back on the findings as an indicator of Labor costs.
Shorten will still get hammered on climate change costs, but Turnbull has given him a free kick in regard to the Coalition dumping the NEG - because a minority of hard right MPs threatened to cross the floor following Cabinet approval ( also noting that Morrison and Frydenberg supported the NEG in Cabinet). This in response to journos being fed the line that the NEG was pretty much all Turnbull’s creation.

1 Like

This govt is the worst for corrupt acts in my memory. By so much there is no contest.

3 Likes

Saluting an image of Murdoch no doubt

1 Like

Another watergate report is now up on
independentaustralia.net
Co-authored by one of the banned tweeters
The Watergate reports are a good example of the value of social media in getting issues up which most of the MSM won’t touch until forced to.
A lot of the work was accomplished by a few linking up on twitter and pooling research - with a few MSM journos cheering on from the sidelines.

5 Likes

4 Likes