Australian Politics, Mark II

You realise people do that right now and not brag about it like it’s an herculan feat? Basically what I think is you got lucky years and years and years ago being a train driver, worked lots of shifts (which is regular) and now expect millions of Australians to follow your lead in going into the train driving world but by also voting for rules that give you an advantage over the current generation.

1 Like

I’m so ■■■■■■■ flat.

Well you - like the umps in our games are easily led

1 Like

Have you ever worked in the hospitality industry?

1 Like

Try my job where you can literally be away from home for months at a time for less than $110k a year. 3 Christmases spent away from wife and kids, missed 15 out of 20 of my daughters birthdays, 8 out of 20 of my wife’s and 9 out of 20 of my son’s. Working 12 to 18 hours a day every day for anything up to 43 days straight. Add in that if I’m asleep I can be woken at any time to go and assist with other work as well. And no, I don’t get paid tax free and I don’t get paid overtime. Currently living on the other side of the country to my family and have been for the last 18 months and if I want to see them, I need to take annual leave to do so. And you think working a few weekends and nights is a “sacrifice”. Cry me a river.

5 Likes

no ive been a train driver for the majority of my life…

Really? ‘Cause the trams are NOT like that, they know well in advance exactly what they’re doing.

EDIT: read your following posts, guessing you’re off shifting coal or similar back of Burke.

what do you actually do if you dont mind me asking …trust me its lot more then a few weekends and an occasional night that ive done…

I’m in the navy. 11 of 20 years on a seagoing vessel. And when I am home, I’m still required to keep duties and am on call 24/7. And should I add than in your job it’s highly unlikely that angry people with big guns are going to try to kill you.

Anywaaaaaaay, … back to the Election stuff, …

1 Like

Another thread to avoid…

…in the metro commuter trains yes you get a roster but on the freight side of things the majority is blank line working… you only get your days off on the master then then your life is in the hands of the crew planner

i thank you for your service …my current boss is actually ex navy good fella

Yeah, we generally are. :grinning:

Well, I don’t think it’s any use having a “my job is harder than your job” discussion. Every job has it’s role in society, doesn’t make one person better than another.

2 Likes

This result has Soviet fingerprints all over it.

I mean it’s an upset.

1 Like

I agree. I’ve done some truly ■■■■■■ jobs over the years, and I done some good ones. The one thing I have always been grateful for was that a union and/or the labor party had at some time in the past, made sure that the working conditions in those job meant I would most likely make it home at the end of a days work.

2 Likes

Ha, Morrison’s victory speech was markedly more policy-free than his campaign. That’s impressive.

2 Likes

An Asian Australian lesbian?

No, this country is too basic, too white bread and way too far up it’s own homophobic, bigoted, prejudiced, greedy, fear succumbing arshole to see past that.

3 Likes

4 Likes