Australian Politics, Mark II

Rockin the leather jacket and spiderbait T-shirt.

How tf did the word “analysis” destroy Labor’s chances?

Yep, need a Tony Abbott carnt type to lead them back into parliament at the next election.

Too often they’ve gone for what they think is a strong and inspiring leader like Latham or Rudd because the drab types like Hayden, Calwell, Crean and Beazley have failed.

Well…twice anyway.

Labor have to be careful they don’t go like the Democrats in the US and completely overlook the deplorables.

I’m not going to be doing that either. It’s a silent concern as her parent about her future.

Over forty years on, and unfortunately this song “Three More Glorious Years” is still appropriate for today:

It’s by the Melbourne punk band X-Ray-Z, looking forward to three more glorious years of Tory misrule.

1 Like

I’ve heard of Melissa Price but I couldn’t tell you what she looks like or does.

1 Like

That’s the reality, they voted for their investments, cuts to penalty rates and wage stagnation over funding for public services and action on climate change.

The right can never see past their own nest egg

3 Likes

The Tories only have two targets for their strategies: greed and fear. They played them both well and got their snouts back in the trough.

3 Likes

Chatting to a good mate of mine a few weeks ago. We got talking about politics. He’s always been swing voter (I suspect he votes LNP more he than lets on. He is the only one of our friends that isn’t Labor/Greens).

I asked what he’s thinking, and as always he said “you can’t trust any of them”.

I then asked, ‘what policies that he likes’.

His response was, ‘I don’t care about policy, I vote for which Leader I like more’.

Me: :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming: Then I called him a d*ckhead.

I suspect this is a common occurrence for ‘how to vote’ with people that are disengaged from political discussion.

4 Likes

You could blindfold her with dental floss.

What do you do after you’ve just won an election? Go to the footy. Yet another beer coming up for ScoMo. Take note ALP.

How many elections did Hawk win compared to Keating?

3 to 1 I think

I would love to see more done on the climate change front but you are dead right on the rest. No way on Earth I’m giving up what I’ve worked hard for.

5 Likes

Agree that people on the right vote for their vested interests. Yep, that’s a thing.

Guess what else is a thing?

That people on the left vote for their vested interests. Yep, that’s also a thing.

It’s what a lot of voters do, across the spectrum.

6 Likes

You’re more than welcome to donate to a charitable cause if it’d make you feel any better.

Very few voters, if any will vote against their own self-interest. The key to winning elections is appealing to the swinging voter, who more often than not have similar self-interests I suspect. Perception plays a huge role for the swinging voter. Campaigning is central to the swinging voter and Morrison did the better job.

1 Like

4-1.

1 Like

The Senate is gonna be really interesting.
Looks like Xenophon is gonna be calling the shots.

1 Like