Australian Politics, Mark II

Or just totally make sht up

“The LNP will execute everyone born in a January if they win the next election”

-edit- and as soon as Morrison goes on tape saying “we’re not going to do that”, play it alongside Howard’s “never ever” GST line WHO DO YOU TRUST HUH

5 Likes

Tony Burke? :rofl:

Are you serious? :leafy_green::leafy_green::leafy_green:

2 Likes

Thank God we got the senate right.

Sounding like a Blitz trading thread.

Albo!

1 Like

Just a question: Why is it stupid to vote for the person you like best as leader? I know everyone says, Vote policies not personalities, but why?

It’s true that we have a system that gives strong voices to parties and the cabinet, but it’s the leader who sets the agenda, sets the tone, represents the country to the rest of the world, and, if he or she is a good leader, takes the country with him or her.

So why wouldn’t you look at the two candidates and ask yourself, which one of these do I want doing those things? Which of them do I think actually can do those things?

I’m not saying policy is irrelevant. If one candidate is saying, I think we should abolish all social services, or, I think that private property should be abolished, then any sensible voter would say, I don’t want to vote for that.

But whether the candidate is a credible leader is a legitimate question for a voter to ask, and it can’t be denied that Bill Shorten’s lack of credibility as a leader played a major part in Labor’s loss. And rightly so.

5 Likes

Because results and outcomes are more important than personality or fashion sense.

And you think that the leader doesn’t have a major effect on what results and outcomes are actually delivered?

It does.

That’s why you need the right leader.

1 Like

And that’s your right in a democracy.

If you don’t know what the policies are, how do you know what they are going to deliver?

Otherwise your picking someone based on their perceived personality on TV, which they drum up for the media.

1 Like

Read what I said. Especially the bit where I said that of course policies are important.

1 Like

They should hire you as the PR adviser.

However, Labor rarely if ever goes for scaremongering. Even at the height of the Docks dispute back in the 90s, and also when workers were getting killed through company carelessness (e.g. the gas explosions), they did nothing. I even had a chance at the time to talk to the local member, who has since rose to the heights of being our current EFC President, about this and he said Labor would never try to make capital from people’s misfortunes.

The Tories obviously have never shared those qualms.That is why they keep getting elected.

Silly of me. I forgot to mention in my earlier post the hypocrisy of the left. Vilify LNP for using Clive Palmer when you tried to do so and failed. Demand ON go last on HTV cards where LNP stupudly obliged. Then use batshit crazy communist Looney left for your failed attempt for power. Mind blowing.

Anyway goodbye for now.

2 Likes

I did. We wanted to leave a better country and climate for my grand kids.

16 Likes

Crawls out from under Right-Wing-Nut-Job rock to gloat at ‘lefty elites’ for losing to ignorance & greed.
Crawls back again.

Class act.

8 Likes

Yeah but Scott Morrison is a ■■■■.

Met him once. I was doing some work at one of the nations banks.

He was coming in for a chat with the CEOs before the turnbull knifing.

Thats not to say Bill fallin a bit Shorten is any good either.

But Scott Morrison? Please, the bloke is a pleb of the highest order.

1 Like

TEH LEFT

5 Likes

This guy is so slimy. I feel like I need a shower whenever I hear him speak as he makes my skin crawl. Solution - I change the channel whenever I see him on TV.

6 Likes

You only have to be less slimy than the other bloke.

3 Likes

3 years. He will make you like him :joy:.

The ALP have to elect Albo. Intelligent, articulate, someone gave him a nickname, has a beer named after him.

Has just been divorced. If there is one thing that will help him in North Queensland, is its the home of divorced single dads.

(as is western Sydney)

1 Like