Australian Politics, Mark II

Labor%20Australia%20Map%202

as requested.

2 Likes

ps. where will be holiday or retire now.

“The Labor must reconnect with its blue-collar base and get back to the centre, and be less ambitious in its pace of change,” Mr Fitzgibbon told ABC radio this morning.

These people need to wake up. There are almost no “blue collar” workers in Australia. The base he speaks of is now very small. Its this old thinking that is part of the ALP problem today.

2 Likes

Bali innit.

Like the Hunger Games, but we all get paid 20k to watch? Cool.

1 Like

I live a hour and a quarter from Bundaberg. I can assure you they are different.

Hervey Bay?
Yeah, they’re weird out there.

1 Like

Somewhat disagree. There are plenty of ‘blue collar’ workers - for health and safety reasons they are now wearing hi-vis. Very few are in unions. They have an ABN and work five, six days a week. Many work for wages - once again in non-union settings. The task for any political party is to appeal to this group. Not an easy task as they are quite a disparate group. One thing they do share in common is a dislike of politicians who want to take more of their money.

1 Like

I was quite staggered to hear my son say the majority of tradies he knows all voted for the Libs. He works with about a dozen other chippies in his gang and they all voted Libs and the chatter around the building sites amongst the other builders was the same

Good guess. Nah, we in Hervey Bay have the mighty red and black. The Bombers regularly beat the Eagles and Bulldogs from Bundy. What more could you ask for. Go Bombers.

I very nearly pulled the jumper on for one of those reserves teams when they were short.

Would have been a very bad idea.

1 Like

Labor were very confident of picking up 2x seats here, Hasluck and Swan. Ken Wyatt has been returned with an increased majority in Hasluck and Steve Irons looks to have hung on albeit with a decreased margin in Swan. Hasluck could now be considered a safe LNP seat even though the demographics suggest it really should be the other way. They have completely farked this campaign up. The LNP was so on the nose with the GST robbery that none of their seats should have been safe but it looks like no seats will change hands and some have even received a second coat of blue. It beggars belief that the voters were so concerned about Labor’s direction that they would prefer the incumbent, even though the incumbent has an ingrained disdain for WA.

I reckon you couldn’t punch the smile of John Hewson’s face today. His side has got up in a most unexpected manner and the crown for the guy who lost the un-losable election has now been passed on to W Shorten. Fark me dead.

3 Likes

Good to see it’s not just us who dislikes you bozos :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Reckon they’d fund a canal to physically separate WA from the rest of Australia if it were financially viable.

And if any of those tradies had anything to do with the CMFEU they are anti-Union and thus anti-Labor. My son worked on construction sites in BrisVegas where the union made life difficult for the subbies whenever they could. Despite his upbringing in a Labor household he will be hard to turn. His mates in similar circumstances say the same thing. They know bugger all about politics, except for what is in the Betoota Advocate, but they just don’t like Unions and by association Labor.

1 Like

Yep, all anti union and most are in their early 20’s to 30’s and have a license to print money. Even some of the older ones say they have never had it so good. Most have ABN’s and drive top of the range utes and work 5 days for good money with any weekend work being cash only. As a 4th year apprentice my son was earning nearly as much as my wife and now he is fully qualified and a subbie the pay is amazing. No way were they voting for change

Lol… he didn’t act independently, … nor have any authority or say in what happened there, you know that right?

Tony told Malcolm what to do, … and Rupert told Tony what to do.

Bank shares are all up 6-7% today.

1 Like

Watch out for Sharma. One of those clever chaps without breadth or depth of expertise who offfers opinions on things he knows nothing about ; who has Morrison’s ear and who sees the Middle East through the prism of Israel. That’s detrimental to our regional relations with countries having Muslim majorities or in some cases significant Muslim minorities. It doesn’t help efforts to combat extremist Islamic terorism here.
And if we aren’t careful we could be draggged into a US war with Iran.
Defence has been running Australian foreign policy except at the margin. Payne is able, but with so few Lib moderates, she has a tough job.

4 Likes

Makes sense, less short term risk in housing.

Interesting whole sale electricity shot up 7%. So the market thinks the liberals plans for power prices are worse.