Australian Politics, Mark II

So the more honest thing to say would be “most potential readers”

Personally I only get the herald sun to burn his articles in my fireplace

Hard to imagine news will exist anywhere but online in 10 years (possibly streamed onto TVs via a public broadcaster and whatever a few powerful political lobby groups throw together. That will have to compete with a zillion movies and TV shows, though). So, for every Bolt podcast there will be plenty of direct online responses pointing out his bullshit. His type won’t be able to hide behind the faux legitimacy the traditional TV shows and newspapers give.

You seem to ignore the fact that those just like him will be able to do the same thing.
Which is how these sorts of shitfests developed in the first place.
Any moron now has the ability to broadcast their views, no matter how absurd, offensive, or disruptive.
And it will only get worse.

1 Like

Hooray for the internet.
It’s given us the ultimate freedom, the freedom to choose your own personal reality.

2 Likes

If anything the mainstream centrist news will die.

It’s to expensive to make and only turned profit on free mass consumption. With dwindling viewers/readers they will continue to cut it back.

You are not above the law, Malcolm – show us your paperwork

Kaye Lee

In both the Senate and the media, questions are being asked about Malcolm Turnbull’s decision to gift almost half a billion dollars to a few mates to save the reef.

And they should be.

Much as the government may think it is a law unto itself and that the Treasury is its own personal piggy bank, there is actually legislation that covers Commonwealth Grants.

The Commonwealth Grants Rules and Guidelines 2017 (CGRGs) came into effect at the end of August last year and is administered by the Department of Finance.

This instrument outlines the mandatory requirements and better practice principles for all non-corporate Commonwealth entities and third parties that undertake grant administration on behalf of the Commonwealth, including Ministers, accountable authorities and officials.

Requirements that must be complied with are denoted by the use of the term must in the CGRGs.

Officials must provide written advice to Ministers, where Ministers exercise the role of an approver. This advice must , at a minimum:

1. explicitly state that the spending proposal being considered for approval is a ‘grant’;
  2. provide information on the applicable requirements of the PGPA Act and Rule and the CGRGs (particularly any ministerial reporting obligations), including the legal authority for the grant;
  3. outline the application and selection process followed, including the selection criteria, that were used to select potential grantees; and
  4. include the merits of the proposed grant or grants relative to the grant opportunity guidelines and the key principle of achieving value with relevant money.

Requirements for Ministers

In addition to the requirements under the PGPA Act, where the proposed expenditure relates to a grant or group of grants, the Minister:

1. must not approve the grant without first receiving written advice from officials on the merits of the proposed grant or group of grants. That advice must meet the requirements of the CGRGs and
  2. must record, in writing, the basis for the approval relative to the grant opportunity guidelines and the key principle of achieving value with relevant money.

Sooooo Malcolm, show us your paperwork. And while we’re at it, let’s see Mitch’s paperwork for gifting Rupert $30 million.

6 Likes

Gave employment opportunity to indigenous people probablyz

1 Like

I reckon he had a deadline to meet and just re-sent an article he wrote back in 2003.

Also I’d love for him to explain what our “identity” is.

1 Like

Seems that sleazy misconduct isn’t limited to E Husar…

Another a gun point car jacking in Pakenham today by those “of African appearance”.

What baffles me is that there is a relatively small South Sudanese community in Melbourne, and if you eliminate nearly all females, males aged 30+, and infants from this group, there can’t be a remaining big pool of possible offenders.
Yet there don’t ever seem to be too many caught and incarcerated. Police have even recently stood by while property has been trashed making no arrests. And those that are caught usually get a slap over the wrist by some do-goer out of touch magistrate.
Time to bury political correctness and bring back public floggings IMO (as possible half time entertainment on GF day or as reality TV).

and FWIW fark Bolt.

Me too.

That’s what I was about to say!

Curious behaviour from Vic Police lately.

Raiding Labor staffers homes, but not yet raising investigations into Liberal staffers doing exactly the same thing as the Labor ones are suspected of, … even though it’s been common practice of Parties of all stripes for decades.

Almost as if Vic Pol have a preference for the Squiberals getting into Govt??

Deep pockets on the Right, … someone might want to check some Bank accounts…??

With the bolstering of resources for the Police, who do we honestly think they prefer in Government.

Labour has committed to prevention and rehabilitation;

While Liberal are committed to enforcement.

Labour also committed to adding 3000 more police officers fwiw

Likely they’d be given an expansion of powers under a lib government.

It’s also a way of the senior police to show that they are not Labour men making their positions safer if there is a change of government.

Yes. There is that.

Why, good old men being men and women being women, in the kitchen, blokes burning coal. Pretty sure that about sums it up.

3 Likes

I’m thinking about getting a pet coal. Reckon it’d be pretty cool.

3 Likes

Call it sooty.

7 Likes