Australian Politics, Mark II

Well, well, Foxy — it sounds like you’re making the case for Rudd as our best PM at least since Young Gough, if not since Ben the Engine Driver.

Does this mean that a part time worker on $30,000 will have to pay $10,000 tax?

No.

First $18,200 is Tax free, … and they’d pay 19c for each $1 past that to the $30k.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’m the “other” income earner in our family and a bit confused about what I’m reading in the MSN.

2 Likes

That’s always the best way to keep the plebs in line.

2 Likes

hang on, the election was over a month ago and these pelicans still haven’t had any sitting days? is that right?

3 Likes

I am sure he would make a strong case for being the greatest PM ever for any Country or place in all the Galaxies.

Though it is a pity that his ego got in the way, as some would argue that he is also responsible for the last three election wins by the LNP. You know Perce, that I love the Labor Party but they can make more excuses than any of my kids ever have for pisspoor behaviour.

I think the results were only confirmed last Thursday.

https://www.aec.gov.au/election/declared.htm

ok, fair enough i guess?

so we’ve had 10 sitting days up until now. and politicians wonder why the general population are so ■■■■■■ off with them most of the time. fmd, what a joke.

teh left!

I just love the Agenda 21 comment. If you want to be taken seriously don’t highlight your nutjob status so blatantly

The Federal Government wants to preserve a rare possum at the expense of 100s of jobs/votes in Victoria. The key signal here is the statement:
" Loggers are running out of native forest to harvest"

So are they saying the industry going to wind up anyway ? Because if they are, we will run out of forest, jobs and kill off the leadbeaters possums as well.

Its OK, we can just use “sustainable, plantation grown timber” instead.

Good decision

2 Likes

Environmentalists when convenient.

T̟̼̼̝͈̮͔e͈̣̱̖̜̦H̞̦̬̰̱̜̻ ͚̰̫L̝̩̯̳e̪̝̙͍̩͈̰F̺̱̩̘̲̤͇̺t͙̹̩͚̝̟̠ͅ!͖̟̟͔̪̟̫

3 Likes

Yes, and maybe he’d be right, too. His policies saved Australia during the GFC — one of a small handful of countries not to be affected by it. You talk about Rudd’s ego and he certainly has one — a big one, certainly, but it’s warranted. Unfortunately, the pygmy brains in the Labor Caucus couldn’t stand being told what to do by a bloke who was smarter than all of them put together, so they went with greedy Gillard’s overweening ambition to take the top job (like Keating writ small), and helped her knife Rudd in the back.

Gillard was an unmitigated disaster as PM; the only thing which saved her reputation in the country at large was the disgusting misogynistic campaign waged against her by Abbott and his band of Liberal arselickers. Labor had to go back to Rudd to repair some of the damage she’d done and minimise their losses in the election which was won by Rabbit.

Then the Caucus stuck us with Billy Boy for the next three two elections. A great backroom manoeuvrer, the kingmaker who’d given us Rudd-Gillard-Rudd decided it was his time for the spotlight and the Caucus didn’t have the guts to tell him the truth, i.e., that no matter how good his ideas were, they were unachievable with him as front man for the party.

The membership wanted Albo, but unelectable Billy got the job, thanks to his Caucus cronies. And it’s taken them three two elections to lose him again, and untold damage has been done to the Party in the public eye. Bill had some good policies (although he had precious little to say about providing jobs, and increasing pensions and unemployment benefit) — but the upshot of his ego-trip has been that those good policies are now tarnished in the public eye, given the efforts of the right-wing media to discredit them.

The great Australian public don’t like Shorten, they never did and they never will, no matter what he says or does. Yet the ALP stuck there, drinking from Shorten’s poisoned chalice for THREE TWO elections. It beggars belief. The upshot now is that, although they have a left-wing leader in Albo (though how left he really is, is anybody’s guess) the right wingers — the Liberal Light Faction — are flexing their muscles and demanding more and more Liberal Light policies.

But then this is what always happens when the Party is run by the Caucus, so many of whom, though they pretend to highminded principles for the betterment of the poor in our society, in fact think of nothing more than their own personal career advancement.

While the Right-wingers in Caucus are calling the shots, there will never be a responsible, principled Labor Government in Canberra, and the wealth in this country will be further concentrated in the hands of a privileged few.

EFA.

5 Likes

That seems incredibly forgiving of Rudd to me.
He got elected like a champ, pushing the GFC stuff through was excellent, and the apology to indigenous Australians was very well done.

Just about everything he touched turned to crap after that.
He bottled the double dissolution, and the mining tax, and the carbon trading and Abbott absolutely smashed him on every issue including, unforgivably, health.
In two years he turned a 23 point lead to 2, and became so toxic that the ALP preferred a female, single, childless, atheist, ginger as PM.

4 Likes

Listen Perce, sorry but that is mostly absolute BS. For a start Bill took over as Leader in 2013 and lost two elections.

Seriously if you think Rudd was a victim of the Caucus then you have no understanding at all about what happened, and to then place all the blame on Shorten is far from the truth.

The fact is that Rudd was his own worst enemy and forgot who he worked for. Yep the Labor Party. He was elected Leader by the Caucus and they had the right and responsibility to remove him. If they had not weakened and put him back, we would have a Labor Government now.

Julia was the real deal but Rudd weakened her position so much that is was untenable. Now you go ahead and blame Shorten for all this, but the fact is that he united the Party and I still will never understand why he is not liked. So Perce in short GAGF

1 Like

Just why, why, why would we go anywhere near this?

2 Likes

You have got to be joking.

Another manufactured war by the US, presumably with a view to getting Trump re-elected on the back of ‘victory’ and half a million dead.

It’s just obscene, and will be another vile war crime like Iraq & WMDs.
Shame the victors never get prosecuted.

6 Likes

Is it really Trump though? It’s the US war machine in place. After all, he called off the attack the other day, and all the corporate lefties in media over there cracked the ■■■■■.

2 Likes