Bachar Houli

Yes, he’s playing in a final this week.

Silly boy. If he came to us he’d be on holiday already.

2 Likes

■■■■ Houli.
End the stop gap ■■■■.

1 Like

Hope she’s ok.
Is that the wog boy on the right

Bachar Houli spent four seasons on Essendon’s list.

Veteran Essendon list boss Adrian Dodoro says losing Bachar Houli to Richmond was one of the biggest disappointments of his career, insisting Essendon “pleaded” with the gun backman to remain at the club.

Nope

They might have pleaded with him, but, as they did with Ted Richards, they consistently played him out of position or dropped him. He was a bit of a Blitz whipping boy too. I don’t blame him for leaving and I’m glad he’s got two Premiership medals. He should have got the 2017 Norm Smith as well but they gave it to Dusty.

6 Likes

Not wrong about the 2017 Norm Smith. If he was awarded the 2019 Norm Smith there wouldn’t have been too many dissenters either.

Fogdog used to be one of Houli’s most outspoken critics on BB. Continued to give him heaps even after his transfer to the Tiges. The sledging seems to have subsided over recent years…

1 Like

■■■■ it, I’m in, let’s do this, time to get wild

7 Likes

Agree that it should have been Houli’s win.

We should bring him back in so that we can deny him a farewell game.

3 Likes

Agree. I can only think it’s to help the Saad deal get over the line

A Houli recruitment is no Luke Hodge.

Hodge was recruited to steady the ship with Brisbane facing an exodus of their players in their peak and help bring on talented kids. Also because Fagan knew him.

Not sure if Houli is the equivalent for Truck.

One is a multiple premiership winning captain and renowned hard nut that can build a system around him on field.

The other is a quality but ageing role player in a system.

1 Like

Bachar was an All Australian player only last year, you do realise this? His best footy is probably over, but if we are serious about changing the culture we need to look at bringing quality people into the fold. I think he has plenty to offer as an on-field leaders/coach. We clearly had issues setting up defensively and having another voice who can assist with this on-field so that we don’t concede another 5000 coast to coast goals from kick ins would be great. That’s bloody infuriating to watch and is so easily correctable.

Surely we can bring younger on field leaders to our club. I think Houli is a superb off field leader but on field he plays on the weakest forward to allow him to cruise and do his thing. Reminds me of Hurley of late. We need leaders that take the hard roles and set the competitive tone for the team.

I am sure there is some benefit in getting him across.

I just have my doubts he would be as successful at Essendon as at Richmond.

People make mistakes. Not me, but people.

1 Like

First the Gumby thread bump, now Bachar.
But I have learnt something. Growing a beard makes you are better player…hasnt worked for Hurley.

He played the last round sans beard, didn’t he?

His book refers to the lack of communication and support for diversity in the Knights era compared to Sheeds. Says he got told to concentrate on certain improvements, did so and got nowhere, and had to hunt down coaches to work out wehther he was in the team or not rather than be told.

4 Likes