Back to the MCG

There are actually heaps of people that have tried to do this on their own! (Is Fox in 5.1?)

Professional options too:

And there are patents!
http://patents.justia.com/patent/8965181

I've used this for a couple of years now. It's the joy of joys. You'll love it.

http://www.daansystems.com/radiodelay/

Choose any commentary you want. i generally go ABC, but the best thing is, because radio donā€™t have pictures (thanx Capt Obvious), they actually call football, rather than w@nk on about what they had for breakfast or whatever.

Love it, itā€™s made footy on TV enjoyable again.

I canā€™t access this through work, but please tell me its a site that syncs the radio commentary with the TV? I have been wanting to listen to radio commentary while watching games forever but the two/three second delay between the commentary and the pictures annoy me so much that I canā€™t do it.

Choose any commentary you want. i generally go ABC, but the best thing is, because radio donā€™t have pictures (thanx Capt Obvious), they actually call football, rather than w@nk on about what they had for breakfast or whatever.

I canā€™t access this through work, but please tell me its a site that syncs the radio commentary with the TV? I have been wanting to listen to radio commentary while watching games forever but the two/three second delay between the commentary and the pictures annoy me so much that I canā€™t do it.

The site is where you can download a free app for your computer.

Need to run a radio into the Mic in, & then listen through you comp speakers or run to your amp & speakers, after using the program to set the delay to synch.

Word to the wise, I had a lot of noise in the radio after buying cheap replacement power supplys for computers.

Now I stream radio into the laptop or phone, and run from that into desktop, which is plugged into the stereo.

Sometimes, the internet delay on the radio stream syncs nicely on itā€™s own, sometimes needs the tweak.

The site is where you can download a free app for your computer.

Need to run a radio into the Mic in, & then listen through you comp speakers or run to your amp & speakers, after using the program to set the delay to synch.

Word to the wise, I had a lot of noise in the radio after buying cheap replacement power supplys for computers.

Now I stream radio into the laptop or phone, and run from that into desktop, which is plugged into the stereo.

Sometimes, the internet delay on the radio stream syncs nicely on itā€™s own, sometimes needs the tweak.

A little trick ā€“

Apps like Tune In Radio allow you to buffer audio streams by how much you like. You can use this feature to delay the stream. You can also ā€˜castā€™ the audio to your TV.

Problem with using Tune In during a game is, they donā€™t broadcast the games do they? You have to do it through the AFL app.

Have you tried it with the Footy Deck. Through the AFL site?

I havenā€™t been able to run the streams via anything other than Their player. Canā€™t even hook 'em up through VLC.

Problem with using Tune In during a game is, they don't broadcast the games do they? You have to do it through the AFL app.

Well that sucks.

Anyway, Iā€™d prefer we play all home games at the G.

Moreso because it is closer to home and there are some great pubs in Richmondā€¦

Yeah thats exactly what I was wondering - radio stations (even website for those stations) wonā€™t broadcast during games and will refer you to the AFL site.

This seemingly never ending Etihad agreement is still just out of touching distance still 7 years away.

I do wonder if AFL ownership of Etihad possibly allows us to renegotiate our contract? Simple point for mine is that the biggest clubs in the land play at the G and thatā€™s where Essendons home ground should be.

I recall talk last year of changing our 7-4 Etihad/MCG split to a 6-5 split which is a neat first step, wonder if that will occur next year? Our burgeoning membership numbers surely demands another blockbuster played there away from the Dome.

Ideally id love to see a 7-4 MCG/Etihad split if not greater. Sheeds spoke at the Hall of Fame about how great a move it was for us moving to the G from Windy Hill and for a club looking to push towards 80-100k members over the next decade we must go back to the home of footy as our home ground.

@Catherine_Lio would love to get your thoughts.

7 games at the MCG and 4 at Docklands would be ideal, but I highly doubt that will ever happen in my lifetime.

Moving to Docklands was another terrible decision by the club.

3 Likes

Itā€™s simple really, a 75k membership club belongs at a 100,000 seat stadium. get it done.

1 Like

The desire to have a better split is there. We are currently in discussions about the next Docklands contract.

Fact is, we donā€™t sell out all reserve seats at Docklands. We donā€™t sell out games at Docklands. Members overwhelmingly (believe it or not) love the ground for its ease of accessibility.

What Iā€™m saying is, buy reserve seats and turn up to games!

4 Likes

Maybe more people would go if the ground actually had some atmosphere.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a massive part of the problem with attendances. Variable seat prices. Back when we regularly packed the G, the northern stand (except the MCC members), the southern stand (except the AFL members) and the ponsford stand were all walk up and buy tickets on the day or walk in with your club membership. The reserve ticket prices for the better seats are too expensive for the average family. Itā€™s all dollars of course and I understand we arenā€™t going back.

3 Likes

Docklands is just too expensive, especially for away matches. Souless joke of a ground.

1 Like

Stop bumping prices of reserved seats that donā€™t sell.

Also afl members never fill etihad.

Essendon fans turn up to the g. Season over and almost 50k turned up vs Geelong.

1 Like

Mostly Geelong though :frowning:

never heard their crowd make any noise.

only ours getting ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  off at ā– ā– ā– ā–  umpires calls.

1 Like