Bakeries

Do you mean the Pie Shed? The one on Canterbury road?

It’s not what it used to be. Still, outstanding selection, just reckon quality has slowly slipped.

That’s Wendy’s Bakery on Maroondah highway Mitcham. Quality pork rolls and the Vietnamese joint next door does great Pho

1 Like

Malmsbury Bakery…

You’ll never find a better bakery than cripps bakery in tassie. 5 minute walk from the bellerive oval. Absolute treasure trove of goodness.

I’m talking bout the Okka pies near Baysie North Primary school just past Woolies (heading towards the big Tyre shop).

Use to live near it.

1 Like

Ooh, I haven’t been to that one. I’ll be going past that way this arvo, might check it out.

Yep, that is quality.

Nah, Mountain Hwy. same side as Baysie Park, most of the way up the hill

Great thread.

I had to give a new local bakery the flick after biting into a vanilla slice, and finding the (white) icing to be strawberry flavoured.

Very underhanded.

1 Like

Ah, well there you go.

Bayswater: Famous for pub brawls, hilariously-located brothels, and meat pies it seems.

What’s funny about a brothel stuck between Siemens and a box shop called ‘We sell boxes’?

3 Likes

Too many restaurants/businesses get torched for racial reasons, not enough for ■■■■ like this.

1 Like

Hothlyn Bakery in Craigieburn.
Best sausage rolls I have ever had, hands down. Something in the spices they use- absolutely magnificent.
It’s a long drive from Canada unfortunately…

2 Likes

Fredo’s Pies just south of Coffs is awesome. Unfortunately nothing comes close here in Geelong.

That’s the one!

If you’re heading up the Newell definitely stop in at the Finley Bakery . Their Farmers Choice pie is brilliant and the vanilla slice is yum-oh. Great country tucker.

If you’re in Horsham (seems unlikely, but you never know), then drop in to Conway’s
I’m actually not a big fan of their standard meat pie, but their variations are delicious.

And also cross the road for a steak florrie, a local delicacy.

Tracies Bakery at East Jindabyne &
Geevestone Pie Shoppe in Tassie have the best Pies in the country.

This is the wrong, but you all seem to like your food.

Where can I buy a great pizza base? Or maybe even a great pizza base recipe.

I have an incredible pizza oven on my BBQ, and my pizzas are good, but I am never happy with the base either shop bought or my recipe.

I asked a local pizza place if they would sell me bases but they declined.

4 cups good quality flour
2 teaspoons yeast
1-2 cups warm water
1-2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup good quality olive oil

1 Like