BB Rules of Modern Etiquette for the 21st Century

Use the on ramp to speed up so you join the freeway without slowing down the traffic. Use the off ramp to slow down, not the freeway.

When joining friends for dinner, assume the bill will be split evenly. Don't argue about who ate more garlic bread. Just farking pay. And whilst on the subject, have enough cash at hand to cover your share + tip. No one likes a tight a*se.

I canā€™t agree with this. If I order the soup and someone else orders the steak, 4 beers and dessert then they should pay their share.

Problem is there are people who want to just pay their share, but then the day they have the oysters then the chateaubriand, the fancy Bombe Alaska and the expensive cognac, they want to split the bill.

How many shillings did you have to fork out paying for that meal

Three guineas
And I left half-a-crown tip.

Thats very generous

I do have those recipes, tucked away in a box, written in my great grandmothers own hand.

Slow walkers who block the footpath so people who walk at actual human speeds canā€™t get past.

FFS

Yā€™all need need a snickers ffs

Y'all need need a snickers ffs

people that eat peanuts are peanuts.

If you are waiting in a queue for something, especially for a while, please have your order/request ready to go immediately when you reach the front. Do no get to the front of the line and begin deciding what you would like.

If you are hanging out with Digs, tell him to smoke a joint and calm down.

BG, I'm not that stiff. I just like things to go smoothly.

Donā€™t do that, youā€™ll ruin a good thread

If you feel like venting about something, start a new thread with a title that doesn't sound like the "What Annoys You" thread, and post in the second person.

ffs

(did I get it right?)

Hey, take it to the ā€˜What Annoys Youā€™ thread, okay?

It goes smoother when itā€™s stiff.

It goes smoother when itā€™s stiff.

Unless we are discussing luck of course.

If someone reveals they have been to prison, it is rude to ask them ā€œwhat for?ā€

If someone reveals they have been to prison, it is rude to ask them "what for?"

PrisOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOn

Go ahead, but expect to be shanked.

But if they do answer for stabbing someone in the venue you are in.

When joining friends for dinner, assume the bill will be split evenly. Don't argue about who ate more garlic bread. Just farking pay. And whilst on the subject, have enough cash at hand to cover your share + tip. No one likes a tight a*se.

There is an exception to this rule which relates to booze. If one couple at dinner are absolute booze hounds because they decided to catch a cab and donā€™t have kids while the other couple has kids and simply canā€™t afford to be hung over any more some sort of accommodation should be reached. If the boozy couple think Iā€™m splitting 4 bottles of red with them after having 2 glasses they have another thing coming.

Same goes for the couple who order 5 coffees each over breakfast and then ask to split the bill.

If that makes me a tigharse so be it.

There is an exception to this rule which relates to booze. If one couple at dinner are absolute booze hounds because they decided to catch a cab and donā€™t have kids while the other couple has kids and simply canā€™t afford to be hung over any more some sort of accommodation should be reached. If the boozy couple think Iā€™m splitting 4 bottles of red with them after having 2 glasses they have another thing coming.

Same goes for the couple who order 5 coffees each over breakfast and then ask to split the bill.

If that makes me a tigharse so be it.

There are always exceptions. Discuss settlement before getting smashed and there wonā€™t be any problems.

Reading through this thread Iā€™ve come to realise Iā€™m doing sooo many things wrong.

And Iā€™m not changinā€™.

Ok. Iā€™ve recently moved into a house with a nature strip. So I need a rundown of nature strip etiquiette.

I find it infinitely annoying when I see someone has mowed theirs to the line of their property only to leave a square metre to the curb, unmown - coz itā€™s not their responsiblity etc. Just to be clear, this isnā€™t the case with my house, Iā€™m talking about when I see it anywhere. Just mow the rest you miserable ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  miser.

At the same time, there has to be a line. My neighbourā€™s strip extending from mine is 3 times the size of mine. Do I do the extra nice thing and do it if it happens to need doing? If I do that, do I go around the corner and do the rest - less than Iā€™ve already mown - that is not even on my street?

Where do you draw the line?