BB Rules of Modern Etiquette for the 21st Century

You should RSVP ‘yes’ and you will be delighted for the opportunity to introduce them to your significant other.

That way you have the flexibility to come as either 1 or 1+1.

I think next time to avoid any issues further down the track I'll just RSVP no to these things.

Why is it an issue to go by yourself? It might not be your preferred option but surely it’s fine

I think next time to avoid any issues further down the track I'll just RSVP no to these things.

Why is it an issue to go by yourself? It might not be your preferred option but surely it’s fine

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Ok. I've recently moved into a house with a nature strip. So I need a rundown of nature strip etiquiette.

I find it infinitely annoying when I see someone has mowed theirs to the line of their property only to leave a square metre to the curb, unmown - coz it’s not their responsiblity etc. Just to be clear, this isn’t the case with my house, I’m talking about when I see it anywhere. Just mow the rest you miserable ■■■■■■■ miser.

At the same time, there has to be a line. My neighbour’s strip extending from mine is 3 times the size of mine. Do I do the extra nice thing and do it if it happens to need doing? If I do that, do I go around the corner and do the rest - less than I’ve already mown - that is not even on my street?

Where do you draw the line?

Wrong thread. You want this one

Don’t start mowing lawns at 7:30pm at night. I dont care if the cut off by law is 8pm. It’s common etiquette as most families are winding down and young kids, for example, 3 year olds, have been put to bed. If it wakes my kid up, expect me to yell foul language over the fence.

Who the heck mows their lawns at night?

Also STOP TALKING ABOUT LAWN MOWING

Ok. I've recently moved into a house with a nature strip. So I need a rundown of nature strip etiquiette.

I find it infinitely annoying when I see someone has mowed theirs to the line of their property only to leave a square metre to the curb, unmown - coz it’s not their responsiblity etc. Just to be clear, this isn’t the case with my house, I’m talking about when I see it anywhere. Just mow the rest you miserable ■■■■■■■ miser.

At the same time, there has to be a line. My neighbour’s strip extending from mine is 3 times the size of mine. Do I do the extra nice thing and do it if it happens to need doing? If I do that, do I go around the corner and do the rest - less than I’ve already mown - that is not even on my street?

Where do you draw the line?

Wrong thread. You want this one

Yeah, sounds like it.

I'd rather councils just get rid of nature strips, if I can't park in it you fkg mow it ■■■■■.

Absolutely.

Who the heck mows their lawns at night?

Also STOP TALKING ABOUT LAWN MOWING

Make the effort to stop your farking dog/s from barking!! And tell them like you mean it - don’t give them the “oh Fuzzy, you little naughty-waughty you…” routine.
Dogs bark sometimes. I get that. I’ve got one too. But sustained barking? Overnight? Day after day? When you’re home? Fark off.

FFS

Withdrawn.

You might want to delete that.
Pretty poor form.

tbh I thought this was the annoyance thread.

Try control your kids in public. I have kids and I know they can be difficult, but all I ask is that you TRY FFS.

Neighbours and trees (20m+ silver birches) A nightmare atm. Council don’t wan’t to know about it unless it’s an absolute danger to the public. She can’t see reason. Grrrr

Neighbours and trees (20m+ silver birches) A nightmare atm. Council don't wan't to know about it unless it's an absolute danger to the public. She can't see reason. Grrrr

Ninja chainsaw massacre?

Neighbours and trees (20m+ silver birches) A nightmare atm. Council don't wan't to know about it unless it's an absolute danger to the public. She can't see reason. Grrrr

Ninja chainsaw massacre?

Hand drill, syringe, middle of the night, round up.

Will die slowly, virtually undetectable, you can then say “what a shame about those trees hey” very sincerely.

Thank me later.

Ninja chainsaw massacre?

Will die slowly, virtually undetectable, you can then say “what a shame about those trees hey” very sincerely.

Thank me later.

Friends of mine had a tree next door that was completely blocking all sun out of their backyard, so one night, it was hand-drill, syringe and Monsanto’s finest, as suggested.

Then, while sympathetically tut-tutting with the neighbours when it died, had to diplomatically refuse the offer of the wood for their open fire.

Jebus! Suburban intrigue.

Ninja chainsaw massacre?

Thank me later.

Friends of mine had a tree next door that was completely blocking all sun out of their backyard, so one night, it was hand-drill, syringe and Monsanto’s finest, as suggested.

Then, while sympathetically tut-tutting with the neighbours when it died, had to diplomatically refuse the offer of the wood for their open fire.

Be very careful with that one. It is an easy thing for an arborist to identify that kind of shenanigans. You might find the tables are turned very quickly and a hefty fine follows.
There are other methods, however, that are undetectable.