BBFFL#2 2017 Discussion

I’m now finished for 2017, can someone please text @51Bewick

Not sure whether to text Bargey?

I just sent the grumpy ■■■■ a FB message letting him know.

Thanks mate. Wouldn’t want him to lose his beauty sleep :laughing:

Yeah, he needs it.

Pick made, sal notified to pick on wob’s behalf…

Melk notified

Heading out for dinner, if someone could text when it’s my turn I’ll pick asap. Thanks!

Birch texted.

nothing like having 5 or 6 of the players you were looking at all be taken lol

Draft selection : Josh Green.

After waiting for what seemed to be forever '- actually, with a break from 75 to 146 it basically was - and watching various players i wanted depart from the list , i started to look curiously at Green from around pick 100. To me, he seemed very likely to be best 22. Or at least he’d be given early chances to show if he was. I also think he’s 50/50 to have a career best year with the fresh start. Wont score massively, but he’s literally depth only. Could be handy.

4 Likes

Draft selection: Sam Weideman.

A somewhat irrational gut feel pick. Ive liked this kid since the U18’s but kpp’s rarely dominate FF do they? He fits my suspicion that i build my FF squads too much like a real team, lol. Nonetheless, his contested marking and goal kicking at VFL is excellent. He’s also pretty mobile and leads up the ground. I think he’ll get plenty of games this year which is really all i need from a 7th or 8th forward. Better than having to play Tim Obrien! I did promise myself that i wouldnt draft him prior to my 8th pick though.

3 Likes

Draft Selection: James Frawley.

A cold and dispassionate selection. Hawthorn have killed his scoring, but he’s in the side without fail when fit. Solid and bankable, a break-glass-in-emergency defender pick who hopefully sits in the background unrequired whilst the ballwinners take to the field for Saracens.

3 Likes

High Fyfe Draft Review 2017

Coach Come Back Hirdy picked up a woeful bunch of spuds, most of whom will be delisted by mid-season. The rest will be held onto forlornly in the hope that they come good, only to miss the keeper cut at the expense of some other spuds and then end up at redbull’s team and become superstars. This year already looks like a write-off, with regular scores below 1000 looking likely.

As such, the coach has fulfilled his duty according to the club’s constitution.

Pick 6. Tim English (R, Western Bulldogs)

The two rules of fantasy footy drafts

1. Don’t waste early picks on rookies from good teams - they’re unlikely to get any game time.
  2. Don’t pick young ruckmen.

Broke both of those rules in one. Come at me, ■■■■■■■.

Pick 16. Oliver Florent (FC, Sydney)

Only broke one of the above rules this time, at least. Drafted mostly because I was hungry and thought I read Florentine.

Easily confused

Pick 24. Billy Stretch (C, Melbourne)

Picking young Billy this early was probably a bit of a… what’s the word? Ummm… reach. Yeah, it was a bit of a reach.

Pick 42. Kieran Lovell (FC, Hawthorn)

If this guy gets game time it means Hawthorn have had plenty of injuries. Swings and roundabouts, I guess. (Just for clarification, I love both swings and roundabouts.)

A misused metaphor

Pick 57. Zach Guthrie (B, Geelong)

Drafted mostly because of his name. I really rate players named Zach.

Pick 60. Jordan Gallucci (FC, Adelaide)

The only positive in this pick is that he’s slightly less speculative and less skinny than Zach Guthrie.

He looks happy here, but Zach Guthrie weighs only 3kg. Just $10 a month can help buy Zach the food he so desperately needs.

Pick 78. Harris Andrews (B, Brisbane)

You can never trust someone with two first names. Luckily, Harris only has one first name - his parents obviously just got the order wrong on his birth certificate.

Pick 96. George Hewett (F, Sydney)

A guy probably not in his team’s best 22 who averaged less than 60 last year. Yes please!

Pick 132. Jason Castagna (B, Richmond)

A promising player. Fully expect Richmond to ruin his development by May.

Richmond wouldn’t even know how to develop photos from a digital camera

Pick 149. Tyson Goldsack (B, Collingwood)

One of the worst players in the draft. Certainly not the worst, though - before the draft has even finished I can confidently say that @Birch19 won that with Simon White at pick 98. Well done Birch :stuck_out_tongue:

Highlight of the draft: still having no Fark Carlton players in my squad.

10 Likes

Some true gold there

Absolute gold. My favourite. Think the only you missed on was working in the fact Zach Guthrie is now injured.

@51Bewick is up.

I’ve gone with Claye Beams at that pick, mostly for list balance. It was time for another back, and there aren’t many available who look like they’ll get games. I think Claye can get games, and hopefully improve output under a new coach. I drafted him last year too and delisted him after not too long, Hopefully better outcomes this time around.

1 Like

Love the @Come_Back_Hirdy draft summary.

Fantastic write up, cbh.

Lti status:

Currently two coaches have Pm’d me about lti nominations.

Melkmen
Bewick.

Both granted.

With the way the draft is progressing, I’m cutting the line off at 8pm tonight for LTI of keeper list players. Beyond this time, any LTI nominations will have to wait for the FA pool following round 1.

The aim is to have total drafting finished this weekend.