BBFFL#2 2017 Discussion

Fizzer. Congrats Barge. This is a really tough competition to win, and your team has been really well put together.

1 Like

Looks like some late adjustments. I think its Red 1169 vs Barge 1364.

Just fixed Bargey’s bench. Too good mate. Congrats.

Congrats

That’s just ridiculous from Barge. Would have had 1800 if he wasn’t in the US.

Bad luck RB, but I dont feel too sorry for you, you’ll be back there next year.

1 Like

Congrats Bargey and bad luck RB. Haven’t been around much lately due to a holiday and a few issues. Will write up a vey poor ‘finished in the bottom four again’ season report soonish.

3 Likes

Well done Barge on the premiership I predicted in March, and well done Redbull in finishing 13 positions above where I thought. Looking forward to smashing you carnts once again in 2018. When are we having the BBFFL2 xmas dinner??

4 Likes

How did the finishing positions look compared to your pre-season projections?

BBFFL#2 Grand Final Result
Bargey 1750 defeated Redbull 1475

I will try to knock over the Merv Neagle medal this week and also will provide some stats re Bargey’s great win.

Well that’s a shock I honestly didn’t think I had much of a chance with Pendles and Barlow done for the year. Having Buddy and Sammy kick sixteen goals between them certainly helped, and if was good to have Boydy back again. He sure went out in style. Shame I was asleep when the Ben Reid withdrawal happened or I would have beaten the all time scoring record. I’m guessing 1750 would be the highest score ever by a team copping a donut by quite some margin.

Bad luck to RB and Smooth who in my opinion have better squads than I do currently. RB coming from nowhere last year to make the GF this year was a remarkable achievement. And well done to all the coaches (even Wes) for another very competitive season with not much difference between the sides.

3 Likes

Grats Bargey :slight_smile:

Here it was. I need to compare these results to the actuals, but at least it picked the winner. Lets not look at WOB.

Congrats Bargey!

Haha yeah, Model was bullish on the old farts.

Team Name Bix Projected Ladder Position Actual Ladder Position Difference
Boakie's Betrayal 1 1 0
Conargo Bulls 6 2 +4
Smooth 2 3 -1
Wezza 9 4 +5
Steez Merchants 5 5 0
High Fyfe 11 6 +5
Dangerous Dons 12 7 +5
Jobe-E-Wan Kenobi's 7 8 -1
The Melkmen 14 9 +5
Saracens 16 10 +6
Notorious BIX 8 11 -3
Binked 17 12 +5
Pallet Town FC 10 13 +3
Excitement Machines 15 14 +1
Burras 4 15 -11
Hasselhoffs Yambag 18 16 +2
westozziebomber 3 17 -14
FC Medina 13 18 -5

not bad!! WOB imploded, Burras imploded, Melkman and Saracens improved, and FC Medinas + 5 should be a negative 5 I think haha.

Indeed.
I hope you continue with your analysis though, definitely interesting to read. I do enjoy reading the NBA win shares/advanced analytics.

1 Like

All ya need is luck. Well done barge

1 Like

Yup. Finals are a ■■■■■, you just gotta hope your players arent rested for the last few rounds.

The post Round 23 bye seems to have limited the number of rested players making it cleaner for fantasy finals. Injuries are the real killer especially for players from a team outside of finals contention.