BBFFL#2 2017 Discussion

@redbull thanks so much for doing the count, I really enjoyed it. Congrats Wez. For the Merchants it tells me that I won a huge number of games for a team with no good players.

@Birch19 great write-up. Love hearing people’s thoughts on the season, their squads and their competition. I’m intrigued to see what you do to try and break out of the middle of the pack. I’m here to talk trades if that’s where you decide to go.

1 Like

Thanks Eggs.

I’ll definitely be trading, the question is whether I go for players or picks essentially, that’s what I’m trying to decide on.

1 Like

Coodabeens’ B&F rubbished by Alex ‘Best Player of All Time’ Rance

The Coodabeens had their most successful season ever in their illustrious mediocre disastrous six-year history, winning a final for the first time.

After years of pain, coach Come Back Hirdy praised the resilience of the team’s fans, and thanked them for sticking by the club.

Somewhat embarrassingly, this speech came just before the final membership number announcement, which revealed that the club had zero members in 2017.

“It turns out that we forgot to send TrevorBix his membership renewal form, and he was our only member last year,” a source close to the club revealed.

“And then we drafted a ruckman who hasn’t gone through puberty [Tim English] with our first pick, so it’s little wonder nobody new signed up either.”

That was only the first controversy of the night, with a visibly intoxicated Alex Rance overheard claiming the B&F was worthless.

“I was All Australian captain FFS,” said Rance, allegedly. “Surely I can win the crappy award of some rubbish fantasy football team. The whole ■■■■■■■ world is biased towards ■■■■■■■ midfielders.”

When asked the secret of his team’s climb from 13th to 6th in one year, Come Back Hirdy said the answer was simple. “Lack of injuries. We were very lucky with injuries this year, and that’s the only reason we did so well.”

“Based on our current trajectory, we’ll have even fewer injuries next year, and will easily win the flag.”

Asked if he would be taking any further steps to try to break into the top four for the first time ever, the coach said, “No, definitely not. That would defeat the purpose of this team, which is to lose regularly, so that some guy can write rambling, facetious, fictitious press releases for the internet.”

Lindsay Tanner Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence: Final votes

Matt Crouch (200)
Jake Lloyd (163)
Nat Fyfe (156)
Dan Hannebery (150)
Lewis Taylor (117)
Touk Miller (108)
Daniel Rich (107)
Lachie Whitfield (105)
Lachie Weller (100)
Zac ‘Useless Log’ Smith (99)

Rance finished 17th.

3 Likes

Try doing 5-4-3-2-1 for every game! It’s taking me hours and hours and hours!

1 Like

Feel your pain. I use a spreadsheet which takes all the players scores and overlays the match results. Then filter to get the vote getters out manually. Fun times!

1 Like

I use a spreadsheet too, I’m just manually putting in my votes for every game. Takes at least 10 minutes per round for mine and aimed to do it pre grand final but that has blown out to early next week as I’ll be watching the game tonight and Essendion + movie tomorrow night. Next year I’m promising myself to do it round by round as the year goes on.

1 Like

I did that the first year when our comp started. But since moving to UF I just do it at the end of the year. The data I download for the votes is used for other things as well like games played. I’ve got so much data just need to find time to do something with it all!

2 Likes

Darcy b.loody Lang just furthered muddied the list management waters, lol. 120 points in a Semi final. probably his best score ever!

2 Likes

Happy with the late season Wigg pickup now.

4 Likes

He pushed out others in my keepers last year, then I held on to him nearly all season, only to run out of patience just in time for you to pick him up.

Still, if I didn’t drop him I probably wouldn’t have picked up Bonner, so I might not be too far behind.

2 Likes

I have started a new thread with the current draft order.

6 picks inside 35, woooot. ■■■■■■, shallow draft pool, booooooooo

My task is going to be made more complicated by the fact that Essendon isn’t going to figure in the draft so I imagine the predraft discussion and debate is going to be well down on previous years.

Don’t forget there should be some decent players thrown back into the draft pool.

Also I’m sure one of my none keepers might be off interest to you for a top 30 pick!

Torn on what to do with my list. My best 18 on paper averages just over 1400 with only 2 of those players being over 25, but that’s with Brodie Smith in who is going to be out for 2018. I figure I need to average close to 1500 to have a realistic shot, so do I rely on that coming from my existing players improving as they come into the peaks of their careers and trade in a couple of players to improve the bottom end. Alternatively I slash and burn and basically start over.

No idea.

I’m sure they will. I’m just having a whinge

1 Like

Come to my trading emporium. We’ve got a special on my two first rounders.

2 Likes

A few position changes announced for next year.

Ultimate Footy will take these positions at a minimum. ie they will never remove a position only add one.

Pretty happy with Menegola being a forward personally.

1 Like

Boak and Mundy CF’s :+1:
Brandon Ellis B only :-1:

BBFFL2er’s a quick note to let you I’m shortly relocating with work lto Singapore. It shouldn’t cause too many issues for BBFFL#2 but I wanted to give the heads up in case life gets too hectic.

I’m all in this comp and looking forward to winning the flag in 2018!

5 Likes