BBFFL#2 2017 Discussion

Congrats mate!

Permanent move or contract?

Hard to say but Iā€™m calling permanent! Itā€™s with my current work so no set time.

2 Likes

Congrats mate, sounds exciting.

2 Likes

Youā€™re coming back for the Geelong game right? :stuck_out_tongue: Congrats

1 Like

Iā€™ll do my best!

1 Like

When does UF usually release the positions for 2018 season?

Usually around the start of Feb. So not long.

1 Like

Also Iā€™ve got an announcement Iā€™ve been sitting on for a while - will try to get it out shortly. We will be welcoming a new coach for 2018.

2 Likes

BBFFL#2 Coaching Change for 2018

It is with some sadness that I publicly acknowledge the retirement of one of our original BBFFL#2 coaches. @smooth has decided to hang up the clipboard citing fatigue from ā€œjust watching footy and seeing someone get a kick and thinking and thatā€™s worth 3 pointsā€. He leaves the competition as one of our premier coaches. Statistically he leaves with the most wins as a BBFFL#2 coach ā€“ 98 wins from 129 games and as the only coach to have never missed the finals over the first 6 seasons of the BBFFL#2. His only slight disappointment might be to have only converted one of these six seasons of finals appearances, 5 prelim finals and two Grand Finals into one premiership. The premiership win came in 2014 where Smooth defeated @No_5 . Despite winning just one flag, he still have a positive record in finals having won 9 from 15 match ups.

The other record Smooth leaves with is the highest ever BBFFL#2 score of 1816 scored in Round 16 2015 against @saladin. He also has the 2nd highest score and all up 5 out of the top 10 highest overall scores ā€“ with @Bargey the only other coach with a top 10 score. (On a side note 2 of Bargeyā€™s top 3 scores have resulted in him winning his 2 premierships ā€“ talk about performing when it really counts!!).

However it is with much excitement that I welcome our replacement coach ā€“ @Aceman. In addition to posting prolifically, Aceman is an all-round sportsmad South Australian. I am sure we have all seen his love for the Bombers and other sporting teams through his posts here on Blitz. I know I am very much looking forward to seeing him play some of this passion and knowledge into our great competition. So please join me in welcoming our newest BBFFL#2 coach. He comes into the comp with a great list, but it will interesting to see if Smoothā€™s substained success can be maintained.

Over the next week or so I will put together a plan for the preseason including key dates etc. Looking forward to another great season.

6 Likes

I have more flags than smooth, thatā€™ll go down in history

2 Likes

Seriously though sad to see ya go mate. We had some epic battles over the year. At our peaks, we were hawthorn/Geelong like rivalry. Thanks for a good, fun rivalry

Welcome ace. Youā€™ll never watch footy the same again

Sorry to see you go Smooth as you were a top coach who built a top squad. Cheers mate.

Welcome aboard Aceman good to have you in the comp.

Best of luck with whatever you do next Smooth. Welcome Aceman, I hope you really enjoy it here.

Without looking at @smooth 's squad Iā€™m pretty sure I joined a year too early.

Welcome @Aceman , hopefully your list build isnā€™t as arduous as mine, pazzaā€™s list was in diabolical shape.

1 Like

If I hadā€™ve known that Manc prick was gonna take over my team Iā€™d have stayed on!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: @Aceman good luck with the squad, I think itā€™s in pretty decent shape to be up there again in 2018, with a bit of luck and some good drafting/trading you can go all the way. To everyone else, thanks for the kind words. It was a bit of a tough one being a foundation coach in the league but by the middle of last year I was losing the enjoyment so Iā€™d rather let someone else have a crack at it than have someone who isnā€™t going to properly engage in what is a fantastic competition.

1 Like

One injury to Docherty and runs away! :stuck_out_tongue:

Well done Smooth. Dominated this league.

Welcome Aceman. I look forward to trading you all my SANFL players.

1 Like

Sorry to see you go @smooth, unlucky to be walking away with just the 1 premiership really.

All the best to @Aceman, inherited a great team.

1 Like

Geez, no pressure guys. Hope I can get up to speed quickly. Will be OS for 8 weeks mid year but will have to put some work into the team at night by the looks :rofl:

3 Likes

Our commissioner is based overseas permanently so youā€™ll have no excuses.

To be fair Iā€™m in the same time zone as WOB. Only tough bit will be not having 24hr AFL media coverage. But itā€™s clearly not hard to find info these days in the interwebs.