Ben Cousins Goes Ape (again)

“I used to have a drug problem, now I make enough money.” - David Lee Roth

sums it up pretty much

Didn't that get shut down

LOL. Plz. Cut of the head, two more appear.

Does that mean Steve smith should have batted three times in the first innings

How bleak are these forecasts? People get off the gear all the time. He has got age and a support network on his side. He has also shown he has enormous reserves of will power. I'm hopeful that he will find the desire to turn things around.
The more euphoric the drug, the harder it is to get off and stay off it.
Don't know if that is your experience, but I have to disagree with this wholeheartedly.
You are entitled to your opinion. I am only speaking from what I have seen in rehab.
What's the turnaround time on getting these people rehabilitated?

I know a former H addict. Eventually got off it due to extreme will power and drive. Hadn’t touched it in four years. Saw his dealer’s car one day, driving along. Sat by the side of the road for 3 hours, waiting for him to drive back the other way. He was mesmerised.

Fortunately the car didn’t come back along that road, so he stayed off it.

How bleak are these forecasts? People get off the gear all the time. He has got age and a support network on his side. He has also shown he has enormous reserves of will power. I'm hopeful that he will find the desire to turn things around.
Don't know if that is your experience, but I have to disagree with this wholeheartedly.
You are entitled to your opinion. I am only speaking from what I have seen in rehab.
Fair enough, but you're talking about a biased sample. Most drug users (including former users) never go to rehab. Depends a bit on your defenition of 'euphoric' I guess, but I would wager that most people who've indulged multiple times in such things as trips, e, coke, and also tobacco and alcohol find it much harder to quit the legal stuff. Meth is evidently horrible in what it does to addicts though, no question.
Fair enough, but you're talking about a biased sample. Most drug users (including former users) never go to rehab. Depends a bit on your defenition of 'euphoric' I guess, but I would wager that most people who've indulged multiple times in such things as trips, e, coke, and also tobacco and alcohol find it much harder to quit the legal stuff. Meth is evidently horrible in what it does to addicts though, no question.
If you are given a choice of rehab or jail, most would choose rehab. I did.

Euphoric can depend on the person and how “off your face” you are on whatever you are taking. Its not only a state of mind its how the drug affects your physical body. What you find out later, if you stick around for the sessions on the how, when, where and why, is how your mental/emotional state affects your overall effect. If rehab didn’t cost $20,000 to $30,000 a month now, more people would consider it. It is absolutely ridiculous and people are making a bucket load of money. Probably being financed by the drug cartels - don’t laugh. Spent six months in rehab and went on to do a Grad Dip in D and A and work in the same rehab. Best thing I ever did for myself and gave up riding motor bikes.

• You are correct cigarettes and alcohol are very hard to get off and one reason is the sugar and more chemicals.

Euphoric can depend on the person and how “off your face” you are on whatever you are taking. Its not only a state of mind its how the drug affects your physical body. What you find out later, if you stick around for the sessions on the how, when, where and why, is how your mental/emotional state affects your overall effect. If rehab didn’t cost $20,000 to $30,000 a month now, more people would consider it. It is absolutely ridiculous and people are making a bucket load of money. Probably being financed by the drug cartels - don’t laugh. Spent six months in rehab and went on to do a Grad Dip in D and A and work in the same rehab. Best thing I ever did for myself and gave up riding motor bikes.

• You are correct cigarettes and alcohol are very hard to get off and one reason is the sugar and more chemicals.
Interesting stuff, thanks. I'm going to PM you as it's a bit complex and personal for this thread.

A bloke I know had a somewhat similar experience as far as he went to rehab, got better, went on to further study in the field of drug and alcohol dependence and ultimately found work in the rehabilitation area. Where it differs from you is he ultimately fell of the wagon because the temptation of discussing drugs all day was too great.

Warrant out for his arrest now after no showing at court

Maybe he can get a medical certificate from Dank?

His poor fkn family.

Looks like he’s heading to a rotting in jail type of future

Very sad.

Such life does not have to be.

He is heading towards the menace to society stage.

Lucky for him he has done nothing as bad as Jobe to lose his Brownlow.

Looks like he's heading to a rotting in jail type of future
Speaking of gaol (that's how we spell it in AUSTRALIA by the way) a guy I know used to play for Coolbelup in the Sunday league and one of the teams they came up against were the Woorooloo prison side. They were a crack outfit made even better by a one A Krakauer. Vito (his real name) was on the waiting list for a high bomb from a team mate when he got screamered by A Krakauer. Vito stands at 6" 2' and he says that Krakauer stood upright on his head, took the mark, hit the ground running, took at least two bounces and slotted one from outside 50. Woorooloo went on to kick 60+ majors for the afternoon.

Coolbelup story bro

Anytime.

Looks like he's heading to a rotting in jail type of future
Speaking of gaol (that's how we spell it in AUSTRALIA by the way) a guy I know used to play for Coolbelup in the Sunday league and one of the teams they came up against were the Woorooloo prison side. They were a crack outfit made even better by a one A Krakauer. Vito (his real name) was on the waiting list for a high bomb from a team mate when he got screamered by A Krakauer. Vito stands at 6" 2' and he says that Krakauer stood upright on his head, took the mark, hit the ground running, took at least two bounces and slotted one from outside 50. Woorooloo went on to kick 60+ majors for the afternoon.

Is that a slightly covert racist comment? Especially as in modern Australia it is referred to as Jail.

Didn’t expect that from you.

Is gaol the only word in the English language where ga is pronounced with a soft g, rather than a hard one?

G is like the letter c, where, if followed by e or i and another vowel, has a j sound (c has an s sound).
Otherwise it has the hard g sound. The hard c sound is the same as the k sound.

I think most people accept that jail cannot be spelt gaol and it’s just a ridiculous pom affectation.

One of the best ways

How bleak are these forecasts? People get off the gear all the time. He has got age and a support network on his side. He has also shown he has enormous reserves of will power. I’m hopeful that he will find the desire to turn things around.

A bloke I know had a somewhat similar experience as far as he went to rehab, got better, went on to further study in the field of drug and alcohol dependence and ultimately found work in the rehabilitation area. Where it differs from you is he ultimately fell of the wagon because the temptation of discussing drugs all day was too great.
One of the best ways of remembering the why and the desire to get clean, is remembering just how bad it really is, when it was bad. I did a lot of therapy and alternative therapies to get my physical body and the mental and emotional stuff into a co-operative cycle. I am not cocky in terms of never, ever, doing it all again. I don't put myself in places where I could be tempted in trigger times and high stress.

I worked in rehabs and in jails both men’s, women’s and juvenile justice. I think my past gave me authenticity with inmates.