Ben Cousins Goes Ape (again)

There’s nothing Nietzsche couldn’t teach ya…

That line about the eyeballs is horrible. If I’m chased around a maze by my dad wielding an axe it’s his fault

About the raising of the wrist

It appears if you turn to meth, you are rolling the dice on selling your soul to an owner. An owner with absolute control. For some, it’s as bad as permanent ownership. The syndicate owns you. The dealers own you. The drug owns you. You are owned. Schit choice.

It’s about giving people who find it simpler to self-medicate out problems a viable, feasible alternative with immediacy.

Reckon Australia has serious work to do to fix this up.

If Ben can’t be saved, that’s ■■■■ poor reflection on us all.

2 Likes

Lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he’s ■■■■■■.

What does anyone do when you are the other person on the end of the threats and violence and the very people meant to help someone who is unstable and mentally ill - do nothing to help anyone at all. AVO’s what a joke. When people are off their head do you honestly think they are worried about consequences?
The family are left to clean up the mess as best they can time after time. They deal with the mess, the madness and the violence and are left feeling both helpless, hopeless and unsupported. What do you do when no one can help you? Even close family no longer wanted to be involved. We warned our friend but; she never believed her son would ever physically hurt her. She didn’t want to believe it. She didn’t want to hear it. And; she worked in this area.

Her son was in and out of hospital for a week or ten days at a time for months. He had been out of hospital a few days, after months of craziness. Our friend took her son home again although, she had requested that her son be confined while his meds were being changed, he was discharged anyway. With no help or support available anywhere until the following week. Another assessment by Mental Health Team. She left a message on my phone informing me she had taken him home again, hoping next week would be better.

In an angry outburst, the son attacked his Mother with an axe and killed her. He then sat on the front lawn covered in blood for the next six hours before someone noticed him and rang the Police. They came and found our friend - dead and took him away. Too late, the help arrived too late. The son went to jail, stayed medicated, also took drugs but couldn’t live with himself and committed suicide.

What’s changed in the system since then? Not much.

10 Likes

Terrible outcome to a terrible story. Must be really tough to share. Your exasperation is evident and you’re right. Nothing has changed.

2 Likes

Sounds similar to the Adelaide coach

1 Like

The true victims in all of this are the children. One parent charged & the other most likely to be charged - with drug related offences - at the same time. Sad.

6 Likes

The blind leading the blind.

Distant cousins

2 Likes

some people should just not be allowed to have kids.

Couple of things. Those road side drug tests are notoriously unreliable and we don’t know what she has allegedly tested positive for. Would pay to hold fire until all the facts are available.

2 Likes

Also, if the drug test is positive, are there prescribed limits on particular drugs, such as 0.05 for alcohol?
The cops should be called to account for the leaking of this information.

4 Likes

Lol he were you in that gonnas Tokyo pub for the cats v saints gf? I was with mrs close. It was a blast!

2 Likes

Nah, mate. I played for them in 2005. I think the Swans & Eagles played in the Granny that year. Fun times with the Goannas.

2 Likes

Yeah they were great fun. I still have a goannas stubby holder at home. Anyway sorry for off topic. Carry on…

1 Like

No there are not prescribed limits. That is the problem with this issue, they only test for presence - there is no accepted level associated with impairment. Hence why people have fought charges and won in some cases (NSW at least), having claimed to have smoked some weed the day before being tested and still coming up positive.

2 Likes

This. Knee jerk reaction is why the media writes it like they did. They know people will assume she’s also an ice addict, makes it interesting.
A million Aussies will take illicit drugs this weekend ranging from ice to weed to coke or MDMA whatever, but it doesn’t mean they all shouldn’t be able to have kids.
Imagine if alcohol stayed detectable in your system for a week or more.
Also, the fine of up to $500 and 3 points shows how serious the cops take it, that’s like running a stop sign, nothing to lose kids over.

3 Likes