Ben Cousins Goes Ape (again)

He recovered and is doing just ok which is what I took out of it.
Sorry to do that to you.

My other half works in counselling. Besides having her work cut out with a home patient, she has told a couple of horror stories. One was about a kid who'd been neglected, bashed and beaten for most of his childhood and got targeted by these bikie cnts who took him in and groomed him into becoming a meth cook. They'd prop him up on it for days on end to mix batch after batch untill he just dropped from exhaustion- they'd put him to bed and naturally when he woke up he was in withdrawal and the only way to get another fix was to get back in the lab. In the end he just dropped, they couldn't revive him so they dumped him in A&E. He made a full recovery, but is definitely in the minority. Whoever the fk thinks this an ok thing to do needs their balls lowered into an acid bath.

Thats one of the worst stories i have ever heard

Thats fkd on so many levels

And I have a worse one.
cnts

The laws surrounding precursors for MDMA which is Safrole and Speed which is Ephedrine or Pseudoephedrine make them so well controlled and difficult to get a hold of and also makes those drugs very expensive or more likely a crappy version that is an unsatisfactory substitute so folks naturally go to a drug which gives them the buzz their after for party time.
Crystal Meth or Ice is cheaper and easier to manufacture so a ■■■■ load is made and a ■■■■ load is consumed but the preferred method of consumption of Ice is via smoking or injecting because it gives you that big euphoric rush which in turn makes it massively addictive.
Clean Pure MDMA or Extasy is not addictive and virtually impossible to OD on and if it were as easy to obtain as Weed you would find a massive decrease in the use of Ice.
I have used Ice a few times but only ingested it and I can see what the attraction is but we are all now becoming aware of the huge social negatives of it and those days are behind me now.
When you see a news report of an Extasy overdose, it is not, it is a dirty attempt at manufacture.
I personally believe MDMA should be controlled and legalized as you would see a big decrease in Ice use and a substantial decrease in violence in and around our clubs.
I’m fairly sure those of you who have had quality MDMA know what I’m talking about.
Anyway just my opinion, nothing more

The laws surrounding precursors for MDMA which is Safrole and Speed which is Ephedrine or Pseudoephedrine make them so well controlled and difficult to get a hold of and also makes those drugs very expensive or more likely a crappy version that is an unsatisfactory substitute so folks naturally go to a drug which gives them the buzz their after for party time. Crystal Meth or Ice is cheaper and easier to manufacture so a ■■■■ load is made and a ■■■■ load is consumed but the preferred method of consumption of Ice is via smoking or injecting because it gives you that big euphoric rush which in turn makes it massively addictive. Clean Pure MDMA or Extasy is not addictive and virtually impossible to OD on and if it were as easy to obtain as Weed you would find a massive decrease in the use of Ice. I have used Ice a few times but only ingested it and I can see what the attraction is but we are all now becoming aware of the huge social negatives of it and those days are behind me now. When you see a news report of an Extasy overdose, it is not, it is a dirty attempt at manufacture. I personally believe MDMA should be controlled and legalized as you would see a big decrease in Ice use and a substantial decrease in violence in and around our clubs. I'm fairly sure those of you who have had quality MDMA know what I'm talking about. Anyway just my opinion, nothing more

We need a total overhaul on our attitude to, and laws surrounding, drugs.
I have actually had a really good discussion with a Govt. advisor on this subject, and he not only agreed that we need change, but agreed, in general terms, with what I proposed. Mind you, he also said no Australian Govt. would have the balls to do it, and even if they did, no opposition, for political reasons, would allow it to happen.

NQ I don’t think speed is a precursor for MDMA and I believe there is a correlation btw the rise of ice use and the decline in quality MDMA available

The laws surrounding precursors for MDMA which is Safrole and Speed which is Ephedrine or Pseudoephedrine make them so well controlled and difficult to get a hold of and also makes those drugs very expensive or more likely a crappy version that is an unsatisfactory substitute so folks naturally go to a drug which gives them the buzz their after for party time. Crystal Meth or Ice is cheaper and easier to manufacture so a ■■■■ load is made and a ■■■■ load is consumed but the preferred method of consumption of Ice is via smoking or injecting because it gives you that big euphoric rush which in turn makes it massively addictive. Clean Pure MDMA or Extasy is not addictive and virtually impossible to OD on and if it were as easy to obtain as Weed you would find a massive decrease in the use of Ice. I have used Ice a few times but only ingested it and I can see what the attraction is but we are all now becoming aware of the huge social negatives of it and those days are behind me now. When you see a news report of an Extasy overdose, it is not, it is a dirty attempt at manufacture. I personally believe MDMA should be controlled and legalized as you would see a big decrease in Ice use and a substantial decrease in violence in and around our clubs. I'm fairly sure those of you who have had quality MDMA know what I'm talking about. Anyway just my opinion, nothing more

I have actually had a really good discussion with a Govt. advisor on this subject, and he not only agreed that we need change, but agreed, in general terms, with what I proposed. Mind you, he also said no Australian Govt. would have the balls to do it, and even if they did, no opposition, for political reasons, would allow it to happen.

Just out of curiosity 'boot, what do you have in mind? I deal with these people at work everyday, so certainly interested in different perspectives :smile:

Agreed.

Take a look at Marijuana, Farken demonized by the U.S. and for the last 50 years we have been missing out on the medicinal qualities because we followed their lead, most of the “research” up until recently was done by desperate people in their own homes.
Catalyst tonight was a good watch but it was hard to see that young child who for the first few years of his life was a relatively normal child but was slowly becoming more and more disabled due to brain damage from regular and acute seizures.
If we had been isolating & researching the compounds of the “evil weed” this child would have a reasonable quality of life and would be experiencing growth and development instead he is seriously disabled and needs to be fed directly through his stomach because he can’t swallow along with a miriad of other health issues

NQ I don't think speed is a precursor for MDMA and I believe there is a correlation btw the rise of ice use and the decline in quality MDMA available

You probably misread that or I could have written it differently or used some punctuation.
On the first & second lines I mention Ephedrine & Pseudoephedrine as the precursor to Speed.

Just out of curiosity 'boot, what do you have in mind? I deal with these people at work everyday, so certainly interested in different perspectives :smile:

BG, I’m not up for a) all the typing required, or b) all the arguments that would eventuate from having that discussion here. I am however moving back to Melbourne sometime in the first half of next year, and would be happy to sit down and talk about it with you. But it basically involves genuine (i.e. factual rather than politically driven) education, changing the penalties for offences (some would be harder, some lighter, and some just different to what we do now), making more, and varied types of substances legally available (making ethanol - or any other single substance - the only legal option is just ludicrous), etc as a starting point.

Basically a total overhaul.

I would imagine the increasing desperation for extra sources of government revenue will eventually triumph over supposed moral outrage to legalising drugs…

Looks like everyone here is on the same (or a similar) page but I HIGHLY recommend “Chasing The Scream: The First and Last Days of the War on Drugs.”

Such a great read. Would be great to live in a world where people are inspired enough to make a change.

Looks like everyone here is on the same (or a similar) page but I HIGHLY recommend "Chasing The Scream: The First and Last Days of the War on Drugs."

Such a great read. Would be great to live in a world where people are inspired enough to make a change.

Pretty sure the author of that was out here a year or so ago on RRR. Was amazing how they could cut through a lot of the BS and had real life examples of a better future.

Drugs ain’t the problem, no one really wants to be a drug addict and all the things that go along with it. If you can solve the reasons why people do drugs, you there is no war.

“Father of prohibition”

Actually might be another bloke I was think of. Drug czar or something.

Yep. This is the ■■■■;

Actually this is a better one

Genuine question. Has anyone here tried it?

Yeah, but i didn’t inhale

… I mean, um

… never mind

Once, by accident. And like NQ Bomber, was also ingested.

How bleak are these forecasts? People get off the gear all the time. He has got age and a support network on his side. He has also shown he has enormous reserves of will power. I'm hopeful that he will find the desire to turn things around.
The more euphoric the drug, the harder it is to get off and stay off it.
I heard a girl on the radio last week say how she'd been on it for 5 years, and it was that long before she realised she had to break the habit. She said she was in a rehab centre for 15 months, and she's been clean for a year.

But you’ve got to want to break, and be capable of breaking, the habit.

He’d have access to the best rehab facilities too.

And you’d have to dump your shardi mates.
That's right , you have to change your life and the people you mix with on every level. Then, the dealer or one of his honchos comes around and offers you gear for nicks. Can't have too many people getting clean - its bad for business.