Ben Cousins Goes Ape (again)

Decriminalise drug use, but never legalize it.

And lives get destroyed by hash, just like all the other drugs including alcohol.

When you have a kid who is a heroin addict, watch them get “clean” and then get into the gear again and again, and you are totally unable to help, you learn a lot about drugs and about yourself.

No-one has the answer, though executing the drug lords would make me feel better.

And lives get destroyed by hash, just like all the other drugs including alcohol.

When you have a kid who is a heroin addict, watch them get “clean” and then get into the gear again and again, and you are totally unable to help, you learn a lot about drugs and about yourself.

No-one has the answer, though executing the drug lords would make me feel better.

Frees up the courts and makes life a bit easier for police but doesn’t address the main issues IMO.

There are answers, just no one with the courage to seriously discuss and implement them.

Legalise the lot,

Use the taxes for education and rehabilitation.

Working in Portugal with astounding results.

Alcohol and smoking does as much damage as any other drugs.

How bleak are these forecasts? People get off the gear all the time. He has got age and a support network on his side. He has also shown he has enormous reserves of will power. I'm hopeful that he will find the desire to turn things around.
The more euphoric the drug, the harder it is to get off and stay off it.
Don't know if that is your experience, but I have to disagree with this wholeheartedly.

I smell whiffs of reefer madness in some posts.

There are answers, just no one with the courage to seriously discuss and implement them.

To every complicated problem there is a solution that is simple, intuitive, and wrong.

I’m generally in favour of winding back the criminalisation of drug use, but the devil is in the detail. And from a political point if view it’d only take a couple of people to overdose or commit serious crimes under the influence of legally obtained ice (and this WOULD inevitably happen) and the whole concept would be on the skids & prohibition would be on the cards again.

To every complicated problem there is a solution that is simple, intuitive, and wrong.

I’m generally in favour of winding back the criminalisation of drug use, but the devil is in the detail. And from a political point if view it’d only take a couple of people to overdose or commit serious crimes under the influence of legally obtained ice (and this WOULD inevitably happen) and the whole concept would be on the skids & prohibition would be on the cards again.

I’ll disagree with your last point there.

Once the corporations are making the money from selling a wider range of legal recreational drugs they will lobby the government heavily to protect their business.

You watch the big American corporations in the pot business in the US start setting up legalisation lobby groups in Aus soon.

With the wrong person pot is nasty stuff.

Yes, different people can respond to drugs X, Y, Z in very different ways - this point often seems to be missed. I know people who don’t touch alcohol because of what it does to them, then others who won’t lay off it despite knowing that they have a serious problem.

Definitely doesn’t agree with me. Pretty much put me off any further experimentation.

Legalising drugs is fine, afterall you can buy opiods at the chemist, legalisation of Ice would be farked though. People go balistic on that ■■■■.

A bloke I know refused to come down from a tree then got attacked by a possum

Legalising drugs is fine, afterall you can buy opiods at the chemist, legalisation of Ice would be farked though. People go balistic on that ■■■■.

The way I see it, if you had your choice of all recreational drugs to purchase legally, far less people are gonna waste their time on a gutter drug like Ice.

As mentioned earlier, if pure MDMA is available, then most are gonna use that. The fact that it is hard to come by now, and even harder to get decent stuff, is why Ice took off in the first place.

Was he on anything, or was he just weird?

He was an RSPCA possum retrieval guy

may or may not have been me

Bloke I know fell out of a tree and suffered severe fractures (can’t remember if it was acid or mushrooms, and it was definitely not me)

I was up a tree not to long ago, it was to escape from wild bore. Didn’t even puff on a joint. ■■■■ happens.

I once climbed a tree and smoked a joint.

It was a nice day.