Ben Roberts-Smith Laptop Repair Service

Have you ever been on a Jury ?

The only “training” you need is to be attentive and listen to the evidence and then form you own opinion on guilt or innocence. I would always prefer to be judged by my Peers and not a “trained” Legal Person.

I declined because I am not qualified to be on a jury.

Seriously ? What made you think that ?

Really ? I didn’t know you could “decline” to serve on a jury (except if you were the GG)…

1 Like

Yep, I’m not permitted to serve on a jury. There are a number of exempted professions and circumstances.

2 Likes

“I’d be really good on a jury. I can pick the guilty people straight away!”

Never been summoned, so I don’t know if the above works.

4 Likes

You could probably whisper to a few people on the way in ‘I farkin hate [insert stereotype], can’t wait to see this person fry (giggle)’

1 Like

I’m exempt to serve on a Jury as well.

There was a thread on peoples Jury experiences on blitz.

I’m deaf in my left ear - so when you have to observe and listen, I said I couldn’t do that

1 Like
2 Likes

I call it the George Carlin defence.

1 Like

Except that some Judges if they hear about this take it very personally and threaten contempt of court and immediate time in the slammer. Judges are wicked at belittling anyone in their court who offends them in any way, even for the way they comb their hair.

1 Like

Hmmm. My eligibility may depend on which side of the courtroom I sit… right ear is worse.

I always position myself bottom left corner of a table…

Round tables are the devils making though

2 Likes

Yes indeed. But being exempted is not the same as “declining.”

Every couple of years I get invited to jury duty and I politely decline and they accept my reasons.

No, you don’t “decline”. To say you “decline” means that it’s your decision — which it isn’t ! Rather, you give them the reasons why you don’t think you should be required to serve, and they accept them — or they have done so far. If they don’t accept your reasons, as they might well at some future date, you don’t have the option of declining.

Why do you “decline”?

I view jury duty like voting at elections and paying taxes, that it is my community and social responsibility.

2 Likes

look what youve done hoffy youve got perc and the fox agreeing

7 Likes

Some professions you can’t serve on a jury.

3 Likes

I’ve declined because I’m an ex cop.

2 Likes