Ben Rutten - Back to the grindstone (Part 1)

Man all this stuff is getting me hyped for the season

Club posted a video great to see Jobe back at the club. Terry Daniher must love these events gets to drink beer and talk footy haha

8 Likes

Good line,must admit

Stringers face in his jersey presentation looks so much slimmer than previous seasons. Iā€™m very excited to see him on the field this season.

6 Likes

Absolutely love this as Iā€™m a firm believer that success on the field I defined by the culture off the field.

Iā€™ve started many seasons with whatā€™s turned out to be false optimism. Itā€™s these types of videos that make me feel like things are finally starting to turn out. A focus on culture, pride for the jumper and thinking like a hungry and successful club.

The real irony is that I actually donā€™t care about finishing in the middle or bottom end of the ladder when I can see where the club is heading and weā€™re blooding young players.

Thereā€™s still lots of water to go under the bridge and my hopes may still be dashed, but coming from a ā€˜glass half emptyā€™ mindset at the end of last year, Iā€™m coming around. In fact, Iā€™ll go further - Iā€™m genuinely excited.

8 Likes

This would have been another Rutten idea

I really like the jumpers being presented by past players certainly much better then having a player come on stage and then given the jumper.

2 Likes

Yep itā€™s a great idea. Team ethos appears to be great so far this year

2 Likes

Love his work so farā€¦ but werenā€™t we like this with Woosha in his first year?

Hell no.

I remember the video of his first meeting with the players was putting me to sleep haha

4 Likes

Nah, itā€™s a direct response to the ā– ā– ā– ā–  storm from members at the end of last season.

2 Likes

Watching Ricky Dyson pass the jumper onto Draper made me wish we got Draper in a 3rd round pick that was traded to us

15 Likes

Let me guess the hangar getting decaled with Essendon history was also from members cracking the sads?

as chief sads cracker nino, lets not throw stones hey?

EXCLUSIVE: Matthew Lloyd urges Essendon to emulate Geelongā€™s sustained on-field success

Essendon great Matthew Lloyd has heaped praise on Geelongā€™s off-season acquisitions, pleading for his old club to emulate the Catsā€™ on-field successes.

Geelong is one of the big favourites to take out this yearā€™s premiership after adding Jeremy Cameron, Shaun Higgins and Isaac Smith to its experienced core.

MORE: Cameron takes advantage of inaccurate Dons

While some criticised the amount of assets they sent the GWS Giants for Cameron, Lloyd praised Geelong for its all-in approach.

ā€œSome will say it was wrong, I love it,ā€ he told Wide World of Sports.

"I would love to be a Geelong supporter, Iā€™d be that excited going into this year with the players theyā€™ve brought in.

"They always give you a chance and they always have you believing they can win a premiership.

ā€œIā€™d love that at the club I support, the Bombers, because you havenā€™t had that hope like Geelong currently have.ā€

Geelong coach Chris Scott has been heavily criticised for his sideā€™s inability to win finals since winning a premiership in his first season back in 2011, but Lloyd defended the teamā€™s post-season record.

ā€œIf it wasnā€™t for Richmond I reckon they win the last couple of premierships,ā€ he said.

"They had Richmond on toast in one prelim (2019) and they lose and then they had them on the ropes in another game (2020 grand final).

"They havenā€™t done a lot wrong, theyā€™ve just fallen short against the best team in the competition.

ā€œYes, the pressure is on, but pressure is a good thing because people expect them to be in the mix again this year.ā€

For a daily dose of the best of the breaking news and exclusive content from Wide World of Sports, subscribe to our newsletter by clicking here!

Like our Facebook page

Get our free mail news updates

ā€¦No

1 Like

champion data was that kid at school that wiped ā– ā– ā– ā–  all over the cubicle walls.

Look at the way the players look at Sheeds :heart:

10 Likes

Geelong should have gone all out for Preuss imo, heā€™s the one thing they are really lacking.

1 Like

Finish your jumper presentation and ā€¦

21 Likes

The gallery wasnā€™t working so the club responded to my query.

This link should have all the pics

8 Likes

Yet there were Geelong supporters claiming it was heartbreaking supporting them after the loss to Port Adelaide in the finals last year. Give me a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  break

1 Like

Can you even imagine the excitement? Having your jumper presented to you by club legends such as ben McNiece, Marc Bullen and Ricky Dyson? Not to mention hearing inspirational stories of loyalty and determination from McFlee

3 Likes