Best Female Rock Singers

Pure rock?

Suzie Q..............................................daylight................................................the rest.

/thread

She'd always be in the "after netball...in the carpark...no shower" class after a performance.

She actually took a photo of me once. Was a bit bizarre.

Pure rock?

Suzie Q..............................................daylight................................................the rest.

/thread

She'd always be in the "after netball...in the carpark...no shower" class after a performance.

Wouldn't need to think twice about it.

In like Flynn.

Pure rock?

/thread

She actually took a photo of me once. Was a bit bizarre.

Just a bit?

For pure rock chick voices l can't go past Chrissie Hind of the Pretenders. Grace Slick of JA was also ■■■■■■ good. 

Yep Grace Slick's White Rabbit is one of the great rock vocals for any gender

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1cfTMdjkYM

Edit: Changed version. This one includes Somebody To Love also

Pure rock?

/thread

I'll forgive you for having never heard of Baby Animals.

And since we’ve gone from rock to favourite female voices, Marcella Detroit and Wendy Matthews (who is so lovely IRL).

Fiona Horne.

Juno Roxus.

Johnette Napolitano (Concrete Blonde - what a stage presence)

Trish Young/Jodi Phillis (the lasses from the Clouds -  what a *mighty* band they were)

Chrissie Hynde (Pretenders - one of the best debut albums by anyone...ever)

Chrissie Amphlett (Divinyls - what an album "Desperate" is... RIP!)

Kate Bush (what a voice!)

Tori Amos (brilliant debut album... then disappeared into a never-ending soup of self-produced sameness)

Annalisse Morrow (The Numbers/Maybe Dolls - and she played the bass... drool...)

Alison Moyet (Yazoo - takes a special voice to make cold electronica seem somehow warm)

Nina Persson (Cardigans - a *lot* more powerful than people who only know "Lovefool" would expect)

Walked out on them after three songs.

Pure rock?
/thread

In like Flynn.
Vas not required....nor foreplay.
Did they actually use vas as lube? Can't imagine it would add much to the experience.

Ever see "Last Tango in Paris"?

Pure rock?
/thread

In like Flynn.
Vas not required....nor foreplay.
Did they actually use vas as lube? Can't imagine it would add much to the experience.

Ever see "Last Tango in Paris"?

I can't believe it's not butter.

The other one that I can't believe has only been mentioned once was every healthy male teenagers wet dream during the late 70's early 80's is Deborah Harry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVxv6AFt7YM&list=RD02tUuTHdRlMC4

In the early and mid 70s the Pointer Sisters were so funky and soulful it was scary. And then Bonnie left and I like to rewrite history and pretend that the band folded and disappeared. The Live at the Opera House album from around 74 is not only their classic but one of the best live albums in Pop/Rock history. There they euphorically combine "Yes We Can" with "Love In Them There Hills", funk heaven! This version comes from a similar period and features a terrific drum break. Great stuff but the Opera House Version is so much better!

Ann & Nancy Wilson from Heart doing (imo) the best cover of Stairway to Heaven I've ever seen

What about Rolf??????

I just saw this Ann Wilson version of Stairway to Heaven.

Absolutely sensational.

Chrissy Amphlett - NO CONTEST!

I know you’re somewhere better now darling.

Quoted Post

Chrissy Amphlett - NO CONTEST!

I know you’re somewhere better now darling.

Desperate and Temperamental are out of print on CD. Can’t find them anywhere.

Anyway, more to the point of the thread.

Patti Smith;

PJ Harvey;

Adalita

A newie who goes alright is Isabella Manfredi form The Preatures. I have a signed EP :slight_smile:

Another one from the Divinyls. Amphlett was a legend, no two ways about it.

There’s an authorised bootleg of this performance floating around, again it’s out of print argh.

Anneke Van Giersbergen

Love Martha Davis.

Sabina Classen

Jenna McDougall