Best Female Rock Singers

Wendy James

Melissa Etheridge

Ann Wilson

Pat Benetar

Many greats already mentioned, but these two sing OK…
Renee Geyer
Marcia Hines

Johnette Napolitano (Concrete Blonde - what a stage presence)

Trish Young/Jodi Phillis (the lasses from the Clouds -  what a *mighty* band they were)

Chrissie Hynde (Pretenders - one of the best debut albums by anyone...ever)

Chrissie Amphlett (Divinyls - what an album "Desperate" is... RIP!)

Kate Bush (what a voice!)

Tori Amos (brilliant debut album... then disappeared into a never-ending soup of self-produced sameness)

Annalisse Morrow (The Numbers/Maybe Dolls - and she played the bass... drool...)

Alison Moyet (Yazoo - takes a special voice to make cold electronica seem somehow warm)

Nina Persson (Cardigans - a *lot* more powerful than people who only know "Lovefool" would expect)

Nice work!

In my opinion this is her best work, daylight between this and any other song she ever did.

The first time l saw this clip on TV, l loved it, but l missed a tiny details, like who it was singing. No one l knew could tell me who it was, and all l had to go one was the last half of one clip seen once. l managed to backtrack to this song after Mezzanine came out. Apparently the vocals were given some sort of award. An outstanding performance, at once evocative and haunting.

Adalita…Daylight.

Susan Tedeschi (Tedeschi Trucks band). Do yourself a favour.

1 Like

Within Temptation.

1 Like

Ellen Foley. Best known for her duet work with Meatloaf, but please don’t hold that against her.
Her first solo album was more than decent.

Nicolette Larson, she of Gonna Take a Lot of Love.

Lol … hardly rocker Bonnie Raitt

Ellen Foley. Best known for her duet work with Meatloaf, but please don’t hold that against her.
Her first solo album was more than decent.

Yay … finally … another vote for Ellen

Lol .... hardly rocker Bonnie Raitt
Ellen Foley. Best known for her duet work with Meatloaf, but please don't hold that against her. Her first solo album was more than decent.

Yay … finally … another vote for Ellen

Her first solo album was very, very good but then she got involved with Mick Jones from The Clash and he convinced her to change her style for her second album.

The result was very average imo

Lacey Mosley.

Former lead singer of Flyleaf. Very good vocalist.

http://play.baidu.com/?__m=mboxCtrl.playSong&__a=8817210&__o=song/8817210||playBtn&fr=-1||www.baidu.com#

Topical since Mad Max has come back.
This is my fave track by TT, got power, insistent back beat, ultra cool sax break, it is all here, in a humongous, rocking anthem. Power dripping from every groove.

1 Like

You always said the living would envy the dead.

1 Like

Looks like Jason Bonham on drums.

Yes it was

He's definitely got his father's talent. If you like blues infused rock, check out his work with Black Country Communion. Joe Bonomassa on guitar, Glenn Hughes (has been in different incarnation of Black Sabbath and Deep Purple) on bass/vocals and someone on keys who I'm not familiar with.

Um… I am gonna disagree with you on this one. He’s got his father’s technical ability to play drums, no question. Some aspects of playing drums you could even argue Jason’s better. But John Bonham’s musical creativity is not something that Jason really comes close to matching.

That was the single most important thing he brought to Led Zep.

I disagree.Jasons not a patch on John. Technically or creatively.

Floor Jansen out front of Nightwish at Wacken in 2013

Agree,but getting back to female singers I reckon Kate bush shouldn’t be underestimated.i don’t mind marilyn Manson for her harder edge as well

Agree,but getting back to female singers I reckon Kate bush shouldn’t be underestimated.i don’t mind marilyn Manson for her harder edge as well

Uh huh

Uh huh

to be fair i found it hard to tell sometimes.

Uh huh

to be fair i found it hard to tell sometimes.

Before or after the vocals started?