Bill Cosby

A reply to: @Deckham regarding QuoteLink

Yeah, I reckon a few more accusations, and he'll be guilty.

Not guilty, but a few more of these accusations and will be time for the police to step in and investigate.

Quoted Post

Not guilty, but a few more of these accusations and will be time for the police to step in and investigate.

That has been done, already, actually.

A reply to: @Captain Jack regarding QuoteLink

Where’s the “whoosh!” emoticon? And after the last two years here, too…

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

A few allegations have been investigated, but not all of them.

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Weight of numbers makes him guilty in public opinion but in a court of law this would be incredibly difficult to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. This is why the police have not acted before, they do not believe the courts will find him guilty.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Weight of numbers makes him guilty in public opinion but in a court of law this would be incredibly difficult to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. This is why the police have not acted before, they do not believe the courts will find him guilty.

And its more difficult to investigate some people - And some have the wherewithal to pay off people.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

And its more difficult to investigate some people - And some have the wherewithal to pay off people.

Here we go again. Let’s just assume people are guilty of things before they are actually proven to be so. Especially if they are wealthy, or powerful. Because you know - they must be evil if they have more than us.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Here we go again. Let’s just assume people are guilty of things before they are actually proven to be so. Especially if they are wealthy, or powerful. Because you know - they must be evil if they have more than us.

How did my post say that Cosby was guilty - made the observation that wealthypeople can pay off people to make them go away.

Bill Maher had some interesting comments. He said he heard from an actress 20+ years ago that Cosby tried hard for 2 weeks to ■■■■ her, then when he realised he was getting nowhere, he made her life misery on the set. Consequently Maher never found him funny.

Gosh, lots of words fail the filter…I only wrote sh*g.

A reply to: @Alan_Noonan_10 regarding QuoteLink

Gosh, lots of words fail the filter...I only wrote sh*g.

Try writing root next time AN :wink: , it’s at top of the page, so assume it will get through. :slight_smile:

Sammy Davis Jr.'s Ex-Girlfriend Claims Bill Cosby Raped Her By Taryn Ryder 14 hours ago Yahoo Celebrity 

View photo
.Bill Cosby / Kathy McKee with Sammy Davis Jr. (Getty Images/Courtesy of Kathy McKee)
Bill Cosby / Kathy McKee with Sammy Davis Jr. (Getty Images/Courtesy of Kathy McKee)
Another woman has come forward accusing Bill Cosby of rape. Katherine McKee, who claims to have been Sammy Davis Jr.'s “road wife,” alleges the once-beloved TV icon assaulted her.
McKee, now 65, spoke to the New York Daily News about the supposed incident that took place in the early '70s in a Michigan hotel room. McKee had appeared on The Bill Cosby Show before the alleged attack, but made a name for herself as a showgirl in Las Vegas and was in Davis’s nightclub act.

“Back then, I was Sammy’s road wife. He had an open marriage, and we were lovers. That’s how it went,” she told the newspaper.

McKee said that when she was in Detroit, Cosby, now 77, invited her to a party on a boat and asked her to meet him in his room first to enjoy some local barbecue. “He was a buddy. He knew I was Sammy’s girl,” she recalled.

“I remember I walked in the door, and he had a robe and cap on. He took the ribs from my hands and just grabbed me,” McKee alleged. "He spun me around, pulled my panties down, and just took it. We were still standing at the door when he attacked me… It was so fast and so shocking and so unbelievable.

“To me, there was a different personality involved,” she continued. “He was a different man. It felt like a different person performing that act.”

McKee claimed she went to the bathroom to compose herself and then went to the party with Cosby.

“I never said a word. I was too uncomfortable about it,” she said. “Bill was so rude and cold toward me the rest of the night. I thought, ‘When this boat docks, I’m out of here.’ I just left.”

McKee never told Davis about the alleged assault. “I didn’t want to put that in Sammy’s head,” she told the Daily News. "I was mad at my own self for not saying, ‘What the f–k?’ Why didn’t I stop it and get him away from me? But it happened too fast. I was absolutely flabbergasted.

“And I had the guilt. I questioned myself, ‘Why did I go there? Why did I bring him those ribs? Maybe he thought that’s what I wanted too?’” she said, adding, “I figured, ‘If I don’t think about it, it won’t bother me.’ Of course, with all these women surfacing now, it flushed it out.”

McKee went on to become a casting agent.

“It was a rape, but it seemed so strange to call it that. We think of rape as a stranger who attacks you in a parking lot,” she concluded. “I chalked it up to another powerful person in Hollywood who just felt he could take what he wanted from women.”

McKee joins 20 other women, including models Janice Dickinson and Beverly Johnson, who have accused Cosby of sexual assault. He has remained silent, but a lawyer for the comedian calls such claims absurd. “The new, never-before-heard claims from women who have come forward in the past two weeks with unsubstantiated, fantastical stories about things they say occurred 30, 40, or even 50 years ago have escalated far past the point of absurdity,” Marty Singer stated last week.

Despite the damage to Cosby’s reputation and career — NBC and Netflix have both suspended projects with Cosby — his wife of 50 years, Camille, continues to support him.

Things are looking worse for him now. This brings the number of women who allege that he has assaulted them up to 20.

It’s a crazy world when you can just make up allegations against someone and you don’t even have to prove it happened. From the limited details given, Bill’s story could easily be “She came to my room and I remember we had sex…I can’t remember any details though because it was THIRTY YEARS AGO. I had sex with lots of girls, they were always chasing me”.

I understand victims should be able to speak out but not to the media who can’t be trusted to report on the issue ethically.

No doubt the recent high profile sexual assaults (Harris, et al) sold a lot of papers, I wouldn’t be surprised if the media were keen for another one to emerge.

Just sat through a piece on ACA about Cosby, and more women alleging he’s raped them (I think we’re up to 41 women, for those keeping score).

According to ACA Cosby is clearly evil and should show more remorse for what he did, and most certainly shouldn’t be touring with a comedy show.

FFS, Cosby may well be guilty as sin, but until he’s found guilty he can do whatever the fark he wants.

I’m betting it will hit 100, before he is charged.

Quoted Post

Just sat through a piece on ACA about Cosby, and more women alleging he's raped them (I think we're up to 41 women, for those keeping score).

According to ACA Cosby is clearly evil and should show more remorse for what he did, and most certainly shouldn’t be touring with a comedy show.

FFS, Cosby may well be guilty as sin, but until he’s found guilty he can do whatever the fark he wants.

He's made quips about it during his stand-up though, pretty farken tasteless.

On that, if true, I have to agree.

Marc Maron was talking about it with someone (can’t remember who) on his podcast a couple of months back.

Amusingly someone heckled him at a recent gig with “tell us the one where you got away with rape”.

Quoted Post

On that, if true, I have to agree.

Yeah, pretty poor if that’s the case.

Quoted Post

Marc Maron was talking about it with someone (can't remember who) on his podcast a couple of months back.

And were they sticking up for him?

Comedians are renowned for looking after each other and Cosby is a hero to many of them.

Yet, I haven’t heard anybody defend him.