Blitz Probe Cycling

Think he means look at the GPS Data on a map afterwards not on the device ?

Yeh, if you want mapping that takes you into a different level of device. If you want to keep it cheap, just use Strava on your smart phone.
The entry level GPS computers start around $130 for the Lezyne, $140 ish for the Polar, and then you’re in to the cheapest Garmins at just over $200.

Whats serious K’s? Not sure how you look like a ■■■■■■■■ in normal clothes, I do wear short bike shorts under my shorts for avoiding chafing, But I would feel like a ■■■■■■■■ wearing an Italian racing uniform. I dont judge anyone who does though, each to their own. I think it would look sillier if you are not athletically built wearing something like you are training for tour de france. I suppose the more I’m getting into this, my opinion may change one day. At the moment I’m hovering around 100k’s a week, 3-4 sessions, not sure how that rates
I live in the absolute best place to do this

I really don’t give too hoots what people wear to cycle.
I do think if you ride serious Ks (I rode 15500 km last year - 300km/wk) that good cycle gear is worth it’s weight in gold. There’s good reasons why pros wear what they do.
Actually I do think there’s a big move away from wearing “team kit” to purely “bike kit”, which is a good thing. Although I do like my retro Team Z kit :wink:

1 Like

Bike kit doesn’t have to be expensive, very tight, very colourful or match. But as Barry says there are reasons bike specific kit exists. Synthetic materials do have a place in the world.
If you’re just wearing a cotton shirt and there is a cool change with rain and wind chill you can be shivering and on your way to hypothermia within 10ks.
Once on only a 5k commute I got caught in a storm in denim jeans. Saturated denim gets hard and less supple. It chafed a layer of skin off both thighs and it was a pain to walk for a week.
Other than riding about 1km to local shops I would always wear clip-in shoes and mitts or gloves.
I usually wear tops with a section of bright green, yellow or red - because I think it makes me less likely to get hit by a car. I’d prefer them to see me and think I am a ■■■■■■■■, rather than run over me. But you can make your own choices.

1 Like

Us girls got together and decided not to talk to you anymore

1 Like

Given how petty some cyclists can be I’m inclined to believe it!

1 Like

Good points, I live in QLD, its cold about 4 weeks of the year, (if that) I do understand now what you are saying. I do wear bike shorts and some slightly looser nike over the top for modesty reasons tight-sh fit Tshirt and runners. I have been thinking about gloves mainly because its pretty hot and humid here and my hands sweat, stack hat and wrap around sunnies

Definitely go with gloves - get short fingerless style gloves they will be better in the heat. Gloves really save your hands when and if you stack. Trust me on this!

1 Like

I got some of these in the mail today. Bargain:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/400470766569?chn=ps

1 Like

I’ll be hanging my bikes in my office soon, looking for fancy bike racks. Found these, anyone know of any others?

1 Like

Are you interested in free standing ones, which take up more space, or just versions that attach to walls?

Wall mount preferably, want them off the floor. Got a mind to make something like this…

1 Like

That rotation into the wall is interesting, most styles hanging the front wheel with the bike vertical have the bike 90 degrees to the wall.

I have been collecting pics of bike storage options for a while. From your description these might interest you …

Although being an apple guy you probably prefer metal, whereas I like wood. Also I think these styles look better if bike has a horizontal cross bar - and I suspect your bike(s) have sloped and curved crossbars.

Have you thought about the option of just having a pulley to lift bike straight up to the ceiling?

I do kinda want to display them, not just get them out of the way high as possible.

My new bike. I’m totally smitten. Compared to what I had, this is a god damn Ferrari. Beautiful ride. It’s colour is listed as black and orange but there is definitely red an black in there. Never argue with red and black

7 Likes

Just cant help myself

3 Likes

Droopy!

1 Like

Huge turnout for #rideformike here in Melbourne today.

1 Like

The perfectly executed “right hook”.

1 Like