Bomba Thompson

All I got out of this post was that Hurley’s taxi driver picked up a ladyboy hooker

5 Likes

Ever read the comments section of the newspapers?
Therein lies your answer.

4 Likes

Spud’s always come across to me as a bit basic. Bit of a simpleton.

He simply does not need to come out and say anything about all this.

2 Likes

Turned on the radio Saturday just before the footy and heard SWMNBN and others talking about Bomber Thompson. I missed the beginning of the conversation but some were sympathetic with Bomber’s problems and James Hird was mentioned in the same vein. Then the harpie butted in and said Thompson, Hird, Corcoran and Reid brought it all on themselves. Others on the show ( I think one was Tim Lane ) suggested she was overstating things and maintained their more sympathetic tone. She then went on to say that she knew several parents of players who are undergoing psychological and psychiatric treatment because of what their sons went through ( boys is the word she used). I tried to ring up 3AW to ask if Sarah was one of the parents but couldn’t get through.
Name names or your assertion is a lie.
All the while SWMNBN was strident and discordant and there was a hysterical edge to her voice. I was listening to a woman who sounded like she had something to hide, desperately trying to divert attention away from herself by making unfounded assertions.
I threw my phone and radio to the ground and stomped them to smithereens.
Well I didn’t but I nearly did.
By the whiskers of Mohammed it made me angry.

24 Likes

I recall one time she got called out on the facts by other members of a show in regard to one of her hate targets. She then played the victim card, they were picking on her because she was the lone woman. So sad

3 Likes

That’s her stock in trade.

I still recall that she said Hird “didn’t know what pressure was, not like I’ve copped as a woman”.

The pathological self-pity is strong in this one.

19 Likes

And, how unfair to put her own kids through it, after Stephanie H wrote to her begging her to call off her dogs.

People whose actions are like her’s often come from a very sad, miserable and highly insecure place. Possibly sociopathic, but I don’t know her personally and have never met. I’d say she possibly has some good people in her life, kids, husband friends but people who have a complete lack of empathy, offer piety and unwitting malevolence barring some life epiphany or revelation, often die very lonely and miserably following an unhappy life underneath it all.

It was a shame when one’s family copped abuse from the public, coupled with witnessing on television verbal abuse and physical suggestion from Sam Newman. The irony was however, one directly or indirectly forced that upon someone else’s family. You reap what you sow in other words.

she is the way she is because people react to it and brings listeners/ readers. I doubt she cares about anyone involved, and the constant outrage from the essendon people would really just compel her to do it more often. She’s a troll, and youre all feeding her.

10 Likes

Don’t suppose the club could see its way to refer to Bomba as a legend on its website, at least in the context of the 93 reunion. He is more or a legend than some others. When you are down and out, it could help.

3 Likes

yeah, because Bomber reads the EFC website.

3 Likes

Others do, sends a signal from the club

Yes, but that’s about the club. How does that help Bomber?

The point I’m trying to make is that if the club wishes to help/show support to Bomber then the best way to do it is directly to him not via a public forum.

4 Likes

Especially when Bomber himself hates public stuff about his personal life.

The more I read about Bomber, viz Grant Thomas et al, the more I think the AFL didn’t want to look too closely at rumours etc about Bomber while he was at Geelong. I wonder, were they afraid of what might turn up in unexpected areas?
OK call me paranoid.

2 Likes

I’m sure there are things the club could do, but for mine, you don’t play with your honours system just to make someone feel a bit better. Devalues the system, those who have been honoured, and the person you have made a special case of.

I’ve got no problem with the club offering support to bomba, especially until the facts are known but elevating him to legend status at the moment would be horrendous timing - in my humble opinion anyway.

1 Like

About as horrendous as it could get.
Almost as horrendous as offering a coach an extension to his contract at the beginning of the season - oh wait!

He is welcome to attend the 93 reunion says the club. I would have thooght that those invovolved in the 93 success would have gotten together without sekiing the club’s approval . But no, it’s been turned into a financing event.

2 Likes

I’m sure they do both.

Corporate event put on by the club.

Private beers and yarns somewhere out of the way.