Bomba Thompson

Yep, criminal lawyer is hardly representing the best of society. It’s almost like you need to be criminal to need him.

1 Like

Remember his name if you ever get into trouble and need a top class lawyer, ring him.

and only if you are able to fork out a years salary for a week of his time.

Sometimes, its worth it.

2 Likes

Must read this

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/embattled-footy-star-mark-bomber-thompsons-desperate-plea/news-story/aefb67a6aa1350243363e24ee9ca5fe8

Evans knows the truth and.must speak out

7 Likes

Thanks but how do I get past the paywall?

2 Likes

Can’t get to it, could someone please post?

This e mail turns up after James has his electronic stuff stolen. See now I am losing it .

3 Likes

Could be a plan to circumvent the non disparagement agreements

1 Like

Liking it…more please

just posted in the saga thread

3 Likes

Shitz getting weird …

2 Likes

CRY FOR HELP
Herald Sun - Saturday, 19 May 2018 - Page 9

FALLEN footy great Mark “Bomber” Thompson pleaded with former Essendon chairman David Evans to “save my life” in a desperate email.

The email — sent to Evans days after James Hird’s drug overdose in January 2017 — reveals that neither ex-coach Hird, his former assistant Thompson nor the players were coping, five years after the club’s doping scandal erupted.

Evans quit his Essendon post in July 2013 — days after revelations he was allegedly “tipped off” by then AFL boss Andrew Demetriou about the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority’s investigation.

In his email, obtained by the Herald Sun, Thompson told Evans both their lives had been “changed forever” by the scandal. He wrote: “I think it’s time you stepped up to be the man we thought you were.

“It’s time to start fighting for the truth for all our sakes, and most importantly for the players’ sake. They deserve to know everything we know about this fiasco. It’s time we all stood up and right the wrong.

“James will die if you continue to let the world bully him. Your former best friend will die fighting for the cause … You need to save my life and that of James Hird, Danny Corcoran , Dr Bruce Reid and 34 current and past players.

“You would save the game in many ways. It’s been a cover-up from the start. And like Watergate, the cover-up is worse than the crime.”

Thompson, 54, was charged on May 1 with seven counts of drug trafficking and possession, after police alleged they found illicit substances including ice, ecstasy, LSD and ephedrine during a raid on his Port Melbourne home in January. He strongly denies all the charges.

Thompson continued in his email: “He (Hird), like me, cannot get over the fact we have been used as scapegoats, never given the chance for natural justice, reputations slandered publicly and our souls destroyed by an organisation you have agreed to support all this time.”

Thompson is on bail on the drug charges and returns to court next Friday. His outlaw bikie housemates, Bandidolinked Karl “Bang Bang” Holt and Rebels associate Thomas Windsor, have also been charged with serious drug offences.

Friends of the double premiership-winning coach at Geelong — and a flag winner as a Bombers player

— say the doping saga and his “bitterness” at perceived injustices have contributed to his downfall. Hird has been among those to reach out to him recently.

Thompson told Evans in the January 2017 email: “Unless the truth comes out and the general public demand the Australian Football League rid itself of this behaviour, then we will allow this style of management to exist in the future and people will end up hating the game.

“The AFL needs to stand up and take responsibility. They need to say sorry and they need to tell the players what they know.

“They should fight for the 34 players who have been found guilty by the Court of Arbitration for Sport for a fair and correct verdict, or else sack WADA and ASADA because everybody believes it was a joke to suspend these players in these circumstances.

“How can you honestly let all this happen knowing the AFL have deliberately created this situation and allowed players to be suspended as drug cheats?

“That’s what is killing James Hird and it sits really poorly with me. The players hate Essendon and hate the Australian Football League. Please help and I bet you will feel better yourself.

“Hope … that you care enough to help the Essendon players so we can all start living again — Regards and cheers, Mark Thompson.”

[email protected]

Copyright © 2018 The Herald Sun

9 Likes

I am sure Bomber is referring to the corruption of the process ie the predetermined guilt prior to the start of the investigation; the attempt at a deal (manipulated outcome) with ASADA which ASADA quite rightly did not agree to; the manifestly unjust decision by CAS and their motivation for it; the reality that the AFL ‘chose’ who would take the blame for poor governance; the AFL’s failure to act early and their own success(?) at diverting attention from this; the disgrace of leaking a charge sheet with fabricated charges to distract attention from their AOD farce; etc.
It’s not that David Evans has some magic piece of information that will tell us what we don’t already know; but he can confirm the corruption inherent in the AFL process. Dank does have that magic piece of information (where did the thymosin come from and what type was it) but he’s not telling.

11 Likes

That’s quite hard to read actually.

9 Likes

Yes it is, and I reckon when reading personal stuff like that, it makes it even harder to be told, just move on.

20 Likes

Hopefully one day somebody had the balls to just tell the truth and put and end to this nonsense.

7 Likes

Very sad to read

1 Like

Remember when Malthouse went & saw Woosha for a “Tour”,… and 2 days later wrote &/or spoke about the players still being Saga Fcked/Scarred??

Now it comes out here that they apparently HATE the club they are playing for for what they’ve done, … and people here are saying (myself included) that they seem to be spiritless.

This is the sort of reason you just don’t blame the coach/coaches etc so instantly.

6 Likes

Possibly in another 10 years time or on Evans’ death bed, when many of the guilty have died, the truth will come out, and the surviving guilty parties can admit things were done wrongly, but yeah, yeah, blah, blah, nothing will happen, nothing of any consequence will change, nothing to see here, then they can move on.

1 Like