Bomba Thompson

And; Dyson says, “David has been a great mentor for me.” Maybe he has been.

But; certainly not, in being a good role model in teaching him about integrity, standing up for what is honest and the right thing to do or about taking responsibility and owning your mistakes.

3 Likes

They haven’t been coached by him for 4 years. It’s been a while.

It’s high time Andrew Demetriou, Gillon McLachlan, Mike Fitzpatrick and several other AFL officials were put under the media spotlight as mercilessly as James Hird. Add to them David Evans, ex ASADA head Ben McDevitt and the head of WADA. None of these people would come out clean in the wash. Nor would Justice Middleton of the Federal Court, associate of the McLachlan family. I don’t know whether they’re all Masons or what but they seem bound by ties as strong as or stronger than blood. They’ve avoided a judicial inquiry so far but I doubt this saga is going to go away without one. It’s the gift no one wants that just keeps on being given - the veritable poisoned chalice. Hird and Thompson were forced to drink from it, now it’s the turn of the others. No one can tell me that the AFL, ASADA and the Essendon Board possess the spirit of truth. I suspect Australians will be truly shocked by the way they vilified an innocent man to save a stinking corporate entity like the AFL and a bevy of big noters from the big end of town. I don’t like the fact that Australia’s national game is in the hands of such people. So, let’s demand an inquiry and flush the crap down the bowl.

11 Likes

You wouldn’t want to be hanging by your fingertips waiting. Besides, it would take a huge leap of faith in the leadership and I don’t see it happening any time soon. Its very difficult to have any belief in the club that it will do the right thing for anyone now but the AFL, who are number one. Then a very distant second the club and what it stands for, the players and the staff.

Agreed. But I still don’t think it’s going to go away. The truth will come out one way or the other. Either via an inquiry or in dribs and drabs.

1 Like

What makes you think even if they are called to testify they would tell the truth. They will find a way to weasel out of testifying or won’t be able to recall. Liz Lukin 101 Try to remember.

1 Like

All I can say to that is they should be informed that serious penalties for perjury will be enforced.

1 Like

I hope that no-one’s deluded enough to think that McLaughlin, Fitzpatrick, McDevitt, Demetriou and Clother wouldn’t absolutely lie in their teeth even if they were under oath.

10 Likes

Well, you know, if they suspected someone might have information that would do them in they might be inclined to decide that honesty is the best policy. Would only take one to crack and the entire ediface
would come tumbling down.

1 Like

Did you watch 4 Corners special on the Japanese World Bank. Launders money for drug cartels, every country around the world banks or invest with them. They have taken over from where Geneva left off. There’s no way the International Law can touch them. The whole system is stacking under the pressure and levels of bentness.

What countries are worried about is they are so powerful and so many connections that they could change the world currency from the US dollar to the yuan. When they are ready and no one can stop them. In fact they are encouraging people to jump on the bandwagon.

The AFL is a tiny microcosm of what this bank represents.

correction by me sorry Chinese Bank.

1 Like

Anyone who crosses the AFL will pay. They have long memories and a lot of contacts to enforce their brand of justice.

4 Likes

Bomber was talking about the 34 I think you’ll find. I think the real reason most of the current players came back was mateship and love of the jumper not of the current adminstration.

3 Likes

And; they will say prove it. Where’s the evidence??? Who will testify against them???

It would take a very brave person to do that after watching what has happened with the J34.

I want an inquiry, not a court case.

There is currently a Parliamentary inquiry into the treatment of franchisees. In this case the franchisee colluded with the franchiser.

2 Likes

It’s funny because I keep thinking the same. But we’re actually a minority as demonstrated by the record membership. Supporters are generally willing to forgive and forget and jump onboard the new wave of players and with it the potential they bring. It’s probably only a minority who need the situation to be rectified, the players to be exonerated and the corruption and those responsible for it to be exposed.

I jumped onboard this year - refreshed a bit and a little bit excited about the club again. But my passion for the club just isn’t the same and with each new story about the saga coming out, I find myself as frustrated and as disappointed with the clubs lack of spine as I was back at the time the club caved into the AFL and allowed them to reem us for everything it was worth.

4 Likes

Not sure if there is any truth to it but a mate who plays for the NT Thunder reckons the media up there are saying Bomba could be coaching the Waratahs. Haven’t seen this reported anyway so probably BS

Think there is a post about it further up in this thread.

Ah cool, hadn’t seen it reported over here.