Bombers bury choking Scum again Match review thread

We won because we tackled the best we tackled for a long, long time and won the tackle count 72-50 (note:  problem with Carlton: Gibbs 0 tackles, Murphy 2 tackles - both front runners).

Also:
- best forward structure for weeks & weeks.  Hurley outstanding at CHF, kicked the set shots he had to but provided an outstanding target at ~ 70m from goal then launched the ball deep inside F50.  He was so good they had keep Waite in defence all night.
- It wasn't that we won the I50 count, more so we want a lot deeper a lot more often than the Blues so our shots on goal from closer in and more directly in front of goal.  They seemed to have a lot of shallow I50s and wanted to shoot at as soon as they just entered F50.  not surprising they kicked so many behinds.
- Our run in the last - Zaka returned to some of his best form in Q4 and dominated the game (thought Goddard BoG, Jobe also very, very good). When he starts running & moving we look a different team.  Also thought that was Howlett's best game in a long time. He will start next week.
- KP defenders did well:  Hooker much better on Casboult this time, Carlisle, whilst not in the form he was in earlier this year,  kept Henderson well under control.

Gibbs zero tackles. Wow. 

How is that possible?
How?
First person in the history of the AFL to tag a player and not lay a tackle.  ....
Who did he tag?
Looked like he was on Jobe a lot of the time.

Oh, so that's why I was wondering why Jobe was by himself for most of the time. 

Gotta say I went there last night looking for any excuse to get into a slanging match with any carlton supporter.

Unfortunately the carlton supporters hate their players more than I could ever provoke them.

In no particular order their hatred for

Waite - who is ■■■■, is now being hid in defence, is a spastic

Betts - fancy him asking for 600k, what a surprise he fumbled again

Murphy - soft,1st target he has hit for 21 rounds

Squibbs - the softest guy to ever play the game

Mitch robbo - no classat all

This is just a snapshot of what they were saying. It was great to hear.

It was also great to watch one of them spit the dummy when squibbs missed the last set shot and storm out.

Again, I take my notes on how the scoreboard result can influence perceptions on games.

I thought we were not far off very ordinary, and could and probably should have been blown out of the park. Had a few winners, but the fact remains we are a shadow our former selves, and rightly so with everything going on.

But, after being let back into the game by a very ordinary Carlton side, we showed great grit and determination to keep fighting.

agree with both parts of that post. not to undersell the determination to stic with it, and just keep fighting and ultimately win.

But that was an absolute shocking game, by both sides, only made bearable by the fact we ended up winning.

I can't believe how much of a drop off in skill and decision making there is, once the confidence goes late in seasons. Just dumb stupid football.

but at least the effort was there.

Gotta come out now and smash Richmond to finish off the season.

In: Fletcher

Out: Hocking (suspension)

DAVEY 100 games!!!!

What a game!

We have looked like to regain some form again just nearing finals. Surely if we aren't disqualified, we could be the X-factor team of the series??

Jobe was inspirational. Absolute champion. There was a moment half-way in the 2nd qtr, where he was walking to FF with Squibs right beside him. Was seated basically in the Carlton cheer squad, got out of my seat, stood up, and yelled: "GO JOBE!!" He recognised it and gave a smile. Then the scum followed it by booing him but this time Jobe responding with a laugh!!

Goddard best game for us? Up there with the GCS game.

Stanton still playing with the sore foot or still can't shrug a tag? If the latter, he needs to fix that in the pre-season.

I thought everyone did their job on the night. Going to be hard for Fletch to come in, maybe with Hocking's suspension may make way for him but you'd think NO'B would be the perfect replacement after a great game in the 2's. 

Geez Murphy's an inspirational captain.
'You - tag, tackle, pressure. You - dig in and feed it out. I'll run the other way and set up on half forward. Kick it to me, please. LET'S GO!!!'

Doesn't really look like he knows how to be a leader (or wants to be) - remember MJ trying to fire up Hilley when he was our reluctant stand in skipper
Interesting to see Simpson trying to get those soft ■■■■■ go hard
Wonder if Juddy had to hand back one paper bag less when he said "I don't wanna be captain of this lot anymore"
Gotta love the TC quotes of "we should've been booing our own captain not theirs" - I can't really imagine the Blue Cesspool standing up to the heat we've withstood the last seven months
That's why we all should be proud of our boys this season

Again, I take my notes on how the scoreboard result can influence perceptions on games.

I thought we were not far off very ordinary, and could and probably should have been blown out of the park. Had a few winners, but the fact remains we are a shadow our former selves, and rightly so with everything going on.

But, after being let back into the game by a very ordinary Carlton side, we showed great grit and determination to keep fighting.

agree with both parts of that post. not to undersell the determination to stic with it, and just keep fighting and ultimately win.

But that was an absolute shocking game, by both sides, only made bearable by the fact we ended up winning.

I can't believe how much of a drop off in skill and decision making there is, once the confidence goes late in seasons. Just dumb stupid football.

but at least the effort was there.

I also agree, but it's amazing what one win can do to confidence, and how quickly that can filter into disposal and decision making, even if you win badly. 

The tigers will be a tough ask next week, but I reckon they are substantially more worried about that game today than they were this time yesterday. 

Of course, lets not get too carried away... last night said more about how soft, gutless and mentally weak Carlton are, rather than how 'we're back!' But still, a win against the old foe in the dying seconds after the week we had, is about as good a result as any here could have dreamed of. 

That was the most important win for this club, for a long, long time. 

Finally watched a replay.

I knew the result, and I still found it extraordinarily emotional, and exhilarating.

I actually think one of the telling images from the night that I haven't seen talked about much is Paddy Ryder kicking a goal with blood streaming down his face, calmly slotting it through and giving it a fist pump.... blood still streaming down his face.

God, if that isn't a metaphor for this whole damn year, I don't know what is.

I knew the result, and I still found it extraordinarily emotional, and exhilarating.

I actually think one of the telling images from the night that I haven't seen talked about much is Paddy Ryder kicking a goal with blood streaming down his face, calmly slotting it through and giving it a fist pump.... blood still streaming down his face.

I was praying the ump didn't see it... 'cause Paddy was never gonna miss from 30 out, straight in front. 

Trying to watch smart replay on AFL website and the turds still don't have the game up. Have had the Freo game up for hours, which started at the same time as ours. C*^$s doing everything they can to hurt the club.

Geez Murphy's an inspirational captain.
'You - tag, tackle, pressure. You - dig in and feed it out. I'll run the other way and set up on half forward. Kick it to me, please. LET'S GO!!!'

Doesn't really look like he knows how to be a leader (or wants to be) - remember MJ trying to fire up Hilley when he was our reluctant stand in skipper
Interesting to see Simpson trying to get those soft ***** go hard
Wonder if Juddy had to hand back one paper bag less when he said "I don't wanna be captain of this lot anymore"
Gotta love the TC quotes of "we should've been booing our own captain not theirs" - I can't really imagine the Blue Cesspool standing up to the heat we've withstood the last seven months
That's why we all should be proud of our boys this season

He's just the worst, stupidest type of player to have as captain (of a half decent side anyway). He's a clean, quick finisher... the end.

Simpson, McLean, even Gibbs (yeah, I know, but he at least can crack in & hunt the ball - he's just never been asked to IMHO), Jamison. Pretty much any other player type.

A finisher in a fairly gutless side is irrelevant.

Hey carlton!

Eat many bags of dicks

I was praying the ump didn't see it... 'cause Paddy was never gonna miss from 30 out, straight in front. 

Shocked they let him kick it. I don't know how they missed it.

I love that it happened. I'm trying to find a good picture.

First real time watching Dalgleish properly. Reckon we have something to work with.

PS FARK Carlscum and FARK the AFL :slight_smile:

300511_gl.jpg

same, I was convinced he would be sent off under the blood rule. He is the best kick for goal in our team. I just knew he would kick it. If anyone in our team had to kick a goal after the siren i would want it in Paddy's hands.

300511_gl.jpg

Thank you kindly, good sir.

How isn’t Myers everyone’s favourite player I’ll never know. What a legend.

So much emotion last night. That win was incredible.

Blues are in trouble. How Kade Simpson isn’t captain I’ll never know, can actually play.

How isn't Myers everyone's favourite player I'll never know. What a legend.
Blues are in trouble. How Kade Simpson isn't captain I'll never know, can actually play.

His last quarter efforts in the last line of defence were pretty damn good. Even the winning goal; he'd done all the hard work to track the ball, only to get bowled over by his own guy. 

If nothing else, we know Kade Simpson loves playing against the Bombers. The prick always carves us up. 

How isn't Myers everyone's favourite player I'll never know. What a legend.
Blues are in trouble. How Kade Simpson isn't captain I'll never know, can actually play.

His last quarter efforts in the last line of defence were pretty damn good. Even the winning goal; he'd done all the hard work to track the ball, only to get bowled over by his own guy. 

If nothing else, we know Kade Simpson loves playing against the Bombers. The prick always carves us up. 

Not really, he's just a seriously underrated player. Not to mention THAT kick of his against us 2 years ago, which allowed Zaharakis to kick the tying point. Last night was unfinished business for Zaharakis in that regard, he wanted to kick the winning goal against the scum this time around!