Booing P Ryder

I don’t care what factors you want to hint at, what factors you want to claim to be privy too & act like a frigging pompous tool about. I don’t care because there are NO factors, none real or imagined which forced him to be a lying prick on the eve of a final. What part of that is so hard for your ignorant mind to grasp? They are the only facts worth knowing because they are the ones which effected the club & its supporters. Unless you have some evidence that his family was kidnapped by terrorists who forced him to shaft the club as much as he humanly could then your position is simply ignorant dribble. That’s what we know, with 100% certainty & clarity, he shafted the club, he caused upheaval only days before a final, he broke a contract & he blackmailed the club with the saga to get to Port after claiming he wanted to be closer to family. I don’t care what he or others want to use to justify those actions, they are his actions & he has ownership of them. I believe those actions were dog acts & your approval of my judgements are not required.

4 Likes

I’m playing a drinking game. I have to take a shot every time I read the phrase ‘eve of a final’ in this thread

I think I should probably go to the hospital

3 Likes

Still typing admirably, though.

Mods can we please delete this thread? It only ended in abuse the first time and it’s not going to end well this time. Diggers can read the old thread on Ryder if he wants a history lesson…

Plenty of reasons dictated his decision to leave, but regardless he left the club in a poor manner, shopped himself around and met with Brisbane club officials in the same week after losing a final whilst still contracted, blackmailing the club into us trading him by using the threat of the “loophole clause”, and having Paul Connors threaten the club in multiple radio interviews. The club even offered to up his contract, even tho he’d had signed the contract during the saga process. He’s a grown man so he has to live with the way he handled things, I’m sure if he had his time again he’d have left the club under different circumstances.

You don’t have to like why people boo him but at least you know why and calling people ignorant is being naive unless you’re willing to present other facts that Ryder himself hasn’t. Trying to tell people they’re wrong when you have a plethora of evidence and comments from the people themselves on the contrary is not going to end well. Maybe just learn to deal with the fact players get booed and move on.

7 Likes

I’m not privy to anything and neither are you.

1 Like

So no one knows anything, great, awesome, instead of guessing how about we just go on what happened and what was said during the period then.

Stop trolling, Diggers.

3 Likes

It’s been a respectful debate on a difficult subject so far.

2 Likes

I’m sure Jackets will make the unfair system work in our favour too one day. You won’t be whinging about it then.

If the reasons for Paddy leaving are different to why he left, and the public doesn’t know, I am sure he doesn’t take it personally. If its what people think, then it doesn’t matter.

I work, sometimes at work I am even a little busy.

Anyway…when I was a young boy (under 10) I went to the footy with my brother (who is 11 years older than me). I don’t remember the game or even much else about that time but I do remember one thing. Everyone was booing…so I booed too just to part of the crowd. My brother told me off and said that it is fine to yell and scream, to cheer and be frustrated, it is fine to even yell at the umps, but you never ever boo. It is uncouth and uncalled for.

That has always stuck. So I never boo but I do yell occasionally but even that is rare unless I am at home alone.

That said, I don’t care if others do particularly, even if I think it sounds uncouth and uncalled for.

3 Likes

It is odd this starts now, as before last year it was not happening.

Yes, it was unforgiveable that it was announced prior to our finals game that he was leaving. It broke the spirit of everyone at the time. deciding to leave, that is fair enough after a torrid few years. he had, however, signed a four year extension in midst of all that when he knew what was happening. Major betrayal, tho I doubt that came from him, or maybe he was really angry and it did.
Being such an integral part of our team means it hurt more than Melksham and Hibberd, esp his timing.
Booing, if for fun, is OK, esp since we thrashed his team, winding him up for making poor choice of clubs.
If booing serious, then it is rubbish. He was a great servant of the club until the last week, fought really hard for the club, shared the pain etc.
No issue re him wanting out. Like Gus and Stewie, they had enough. That was club’s fault.

Very well said Diggers, makes me re think my perspective.

Supporters have always boo’d at the footy for as long as I have barracked for this club. Long, long, long, before it became politically incorrect to do so.

Not ALL people who boo are racist but some who do, might be.

They were banned last year so couldn’t be booed. Ryder was booed in 2015

2 Likes

■■■■ me, people/society have become so precious, an opposition player got booed, who gives a ■■■■. If you booed him, good for you, if you didn’t boo him, also good for you. It’s your choice. Booing isn’t disrespectful, its not rascism, it’s not abusive.

3 Likes

I don’t Boo, … I more HOOOOOOOOO.

I find there’s no point in pronouncing the “B” bit.

Paddy got booed, as many have said, … not because he left, (regardless of the reasons he did), . but because of the way he left.

Carlol hasn’t really been booed, and likely won’t be, … because he went about it in the right way,… demanding the Club get compensated properly for him.

If Judas had done the same, … and NOT ANNOUNCED IT on the eve of the finals, … he would be getting treated the same.

If you leave like a Prikk, … you’ll be treated as one,… simple.

8 Likes

The fans effectively pay the players.

Ask yourself how fans comunicate their objection to player behaviour. Its called booing.

I am pretty sure everyone knew why sam mitchell was booed.
Everyone knows why ryder was booed.

If the afl want to stop booing, just play the games in empty stadiums.

3 Likes

If you don’t like the thread simply don’t visit. Can’t see why it needs to be closed though.

Because it usually ends it nastiness from both sides. If you don’t like my post, feel free not to reply to me and waste my time.