Bourke Street Part Deux

Apparantly old mate died in hospital.

For any others who are not familiar with where this occurred - there are already bollards at the end of Bourke st which is exactly why the car was stopped there & didn’t get into the mall There is no parking in that area other than loading zones.

1 Like

The guy is obviously a nutcase who’s gone off the deep end. And you’re saying they should have shot him after he’d already been subdued because he’s an “appalling cowardly criminal”.

Sickening. You, not him.

3 Likes

The real question is how he avoided a parking fine.

(Too soon?)

4 Likes

How is he are hero? You wouldn’t try to help? It may be stupid, but don’t dismiss a guy doing what he did in a moment like that. Not one iota of difference to the way it played out.

Which is not at all to criticize the police.

1 Like

So the poor cops are trying to fight old mate and someone pushes a trolly they arn’t expecting into the fray, they don’t know who or what he is and if he is trying to help or hinder. Especally with tunnel vision they wouldn’t have known he was there until he was.

I know he was trying to help, but not really helpful

4 Likes

Thought the two police handled it brilliantly. It looks like from the moment they engaged, he harmed no one else and instead focused on them. Put themselves in harm’s way, had to manage public in the background/fields of fire and random “help”. Shot him at close range, neither officer injured.

Incidentally, the prick Is reportedly dead.

Is also reportedly known to ASIO with links to other terror plotters.

10 Likes

Absolutely shocked.

1 Like

Yeah, I re-watched it, and it probably didn’t help. I hadn’t realised how close he was. They could very easily have taken him down too, which would have put it back on them - but my point stands about the more or less primal response.

The police did an amazing job.

On another level, I’m pretty disturbed at what our society has become, when people stand around filming this sort of stuff with their camera phones. And Ballard wrote High-Rise in the early seventies.

Known to ASIO and linked to other terror nut jobs, yet still able to load up a ute with gas cylinders

Are you responding to my comment?

They had a mentally unstable man who had set his car on fire, already stabbed some people and was now chasing them around with a weapon.

So they shot him central body mass, so that he wouldn’t hurt anyone else. Thats what they’re trained to do.

In the same scenario, I wouldn’t lose a nights sleep over having to do the same thing or even killing him. I certainly couldn’t care less what his family thought about it.

I have no idea how Call of Duty comes into this?

1 Like

Eh. Surely back in the day people would have stood and looked at it all unfolding and retell the story later? Standing and looking with a camera in hand isn’t much different.

If trolley breh was there keeping the offender occupied before five o rolled up, props that took balls.

But once boots are on the ground get the fck out of the way and let us do our job.

Don’t need that ■■■■.

2 Likes

Because it’s not a video game where killing someone has no consequences. Policemen don’t do the job to kill people. It’s the last resort. It’d play on their minds hugely, and wouldn’t achieve much socially to have a dead criminal.

4 Likes

Yeah, nah. It’s pretty different.

How?

Seriously. I’m not going down this rabbit hole.

Please do, you started it.

Very mature. In any case, I’m sure you can continue it on your own. Thanks though.

1 Like

No really I want to know how it’s that much different and asking that you explain yourself, it’s quite a reasonable request I thought.

1 Like