Boxing Thread

The real winners were the live streamers on Facebook. Hilarious when I was in one that had 148K people. Foxtel were shutting a few down. Managed to find one with only 1000.

Mundane wuz robbed.

Mundane wuz robbed.

He was lucky not to be disqualified.
His dirty hit was all that saved him from a flogging

Mundane wuz robbed.

Should have been suspended for hitting a guy when the ref had called a stoppage and Green wasn’t looking. That’s the cheapest shot in boxing you can ever take (other than biting the ear off).

Mundane wuz robbed.

Should have been suspended for hitting a guy when the ref had called a stoppage and Green wasn’t looking. That’s the cheapest shot in boxing you can ever take (other than biting the ear off).

You guys are surely joking.

It was not a low blow and Green is an experienced fighter who should have defended himself at all times.

Green is a ■■■■■■ and Mundine is the man. In any case, both are $10 million richer, so both won.

Mundane wuz robbed.

What happened i didnt see it, the ref called for the bell but mundine dropped him with a punch? Was it early or late in the fight? Seems a very low act. Im guessing the crowd was heavily cheering green?

Mundane wuz robbed.

What happened i didnt see it, the ref called for the bell but mundine dropped him with a punch? Was it early or late in the fight? Seems a very low act. Im guessing the crowd was heavily cheering green?

Hadn’t called for the bell. Was in the first round very early on and the ref stepped in to break it up and Mundine hit him from behind. Green looked out cold and staggered to the corner. It definitely affected him as he appeared groggy for the rest of the fight. At the very least the ref should of stopped it for 5 minutes and have him checked out as he was clearly concussed
Mundane wuz robbed.

You guys are surely joking.

It was not a low blow and Green is an experienced fighter who should have defended himself at all times.

Green is a ■■■■■■ and Mundine is the man. In any case, both are $10 million richer, so both won.

Rubbish it was uncalled for and a cheap shot.
Ref handled it poorly at the least it should of been a 5 minutes injury break for assessment and there are plenty of refs who would of stopped the fight on the spot.
Green had the better of the first 5 rounds, quite easily IMO and Mundine schooled him in the last 5 rounds IMO

Barracking for Mundine is just taking political correctness too far. So far, I’ve only ever met one person who didn’t hope he’d be knocked cold with the first punch, and I don’t think racism has one thing to do with it, just like the hatred for Goodes (at the beginning of the booing bizzo) was more to do with his sniping and staging. Definitely not later on with the booing of Goodes.

Mundane wuz robbed.

Hadn’t called for the bell. Was in the first round very early on and the ref stepped in to break it up and Mundine hit him from behind. Green looked out cold and staggered to the corner. It definitely affected him as he appeared groggy for the rest of the fight. At the very least the ref should of stopped it for 5 minutes and have him checked out as he was clearly concussed

How long do they get between rounds, its not that long is it? Did you go aceman or watch on tv?

I didn’t see the fight but I followed the ringside round by round updates and from the ‘experts’ posting, the general consensus was it was close, but Mundine got the better of Green from the middle rounds onwards and deserved a close win. What is peculiar and will lend weight to the Mundine was shafted argument is how one judge could give 9 rounds to Green, including the round (7th?) where he was deducted a point for an elbow.

Mundane wuz robbed.

How long do they get between rounds, its not that long is it? Did you go aceman or watch on tv?

I was at the fight. Only about a minute between rounds

Barracking for Mundine is just taking political correctness too far. So far, I've only ever met one person who didn't hope he'd be knocked cold with the first punch, and I don't think racism has one thing to do with it, just like the hatred for Goodes (at the beginning of the booing bizzo) was more to do with his sniping and staging. Definitely not later on with the booing of Goodes.

Steady on Big Al.

I have always supported Mundine and there is nothing politically correct about me.

Disagree all you like but he is one of our greatest ever sportspeople.

Barracking for Mundine is just taking political correctness too far. So far, I've only ever met one person who didn't hope he'd be knocked cold with the first punch, and I don't think racism has one thing to do with it, just like the hatred for Goodes (at the beginning of the booing bizzo) was more to do with his sniping and staging. Definitely not later on with the booing of Goodes.

Steady on Big Al.

I have always supported Mundine and there is nothing politically correct about me.

He’s a nasty, petty muppet.

Mundine is a kind and generous person. At least he was to me (and he didn’t have to be).

I’ll always be grateful to Mundine for handing the Storm their first ever premiership.

Steady on Big Al.

So you know him personally then Boot.

Steady on Big Al.

So you know him personally then Boot.

Won’t claim to ‘know him’, but I’ve met him probably 6 or 7 times and not been very impressed.
Very talented athlete, but as a person leaves me absolutely cold.

Steady on Big Al.

“ATHLETE”.

He was like 17 or something when he was in the ‘Bound For Glory’ video clip wasn’t he? To me, thats the worst thing he’s done.