Boxing Thread

Independent review of the Green v Mundine fight has been done and Green was found to have won "easily" on points.

CompuBox, a respected American-based fight analyst which has been used to appraise some of the boxing world’s biggest events, shows that Green not only threw nearly double the number of punches than Mundine, but also landed 23 more.
Hope this puts a full stop to all the carry on and sooking from Mundine

Boxing is a qualitative sport, not just a quantitive one. Compubox is a useful tool, but it fails to capture important aspects of a fight (particularly the quality of the strikes that land).

I’m not arguing about the result of this particular fight, just pointing out that compubox is NOT an “independent review” of anything—it’s just a dude who counts and categorises punches.

Mundine won.

Mundine won.

History will say otherwise

Not so sure about that. If after the review it isn’t declared a no contest then we’ll know for certain that the fight was fixed.

Yaco logic: Mayweather must be popular because he is wealthy.

Don’t put words into my mouth - You and others stated Mayweather is unpopular - I stated he must have a degree of popularity because he is a big money boxer and an extremely talented boxer - Mayweather makes money because of big sales of pay per views for his fights. Whether that makes him popular is debateable but it surely show he in not unpopular.

Don’t put words into my mouth - You and others stated Mayweather is unpopular - I stated he must have a degree of popularity because he is a big money boxer and an extremely talented boxer - Mayweather makes money because of big sales of pay per views for his fights. Whether that makes him popular is debateable but it surely show he in not unpopular.

Dont put words in my mouth. I can say the exact same thing in a much longer, much more convoluted way

Dont put words in my mouth. I can say the exact same thing in a much longer, much more convoluted way

Have you changed your name to Windy Dill ?

Hard luck for J Horn. Could have been set up for life if the Pacquiao bout came through.

Golovkin V Jacobs later today.

The Telgraph have Jacobs up after Rnd 7.

Rnd 8 to GGG according to The Telegraph.

Rnd 9 to GGG according to The Telegraph.

Rnd 10 to Jacobs according to The Telegraph.

Rnd 11 to Jacobs according to The Telegraph.

Rnd 12 to GGG according to The Telegraph.

GGG by unanimous decision. 115-112, 115-112, 114-113.

1 Like

First time either of these two haven’t won by KO in ages.

Klitschko V Joshua was a classic. Joshua by TKO in the 11th. Tyson Fury next, then Deontay Wilder for the undisputed title.

how good was that upper cut @Diggers. Had the Russians eyes roll back

Perfectly timed. He needed it I reckon because I couldn’t split them after 10 rounds.