Boxing Thread

Anyone got a stream?

Pay for it you cheap ■■■■■■■.

Anyone got a stream?

Pay for it you cheap ■■■■■■■.

Don’t tell me how to live my life, Digglet.

Lol. Well der!

Still boring as ■■■■ when a “boxer” keeps running scared like that.

could easily have gone either way that fight.

not decisive at all.

I think it was in the third when manny let him off the ropes that I thought " he dosnt have enough ■■■■ in him to win this".

Pacman wins at life in general as a human. That’s unanimous.

Lol. Well der!

not decisive at all.

See, you're either being provocative or you don't really know much about Mayweather's style.

He engaged the Filipino when necessary and moved when required.

Why now, after 19 years as champion, would he throw that strategy out the window?

Pacquiao couldn’t hit him. Mayweather spent 90% of the fight against the ropes and Pacquiao couldn’t hit him. And a reasonable portion out of that 90% was spent in the corner and Pacquiao couldn’t hit him.

He’s done this 48 times previously.

Sorry, 48-0 times previously.

Don’t get sh*tty because Mayweather didn’t fight the way you wanted him too.

Pacman wins at life in general as a human. That's unanimous.

Mayweather will go and practise on his wife/gf at home. What is it with these domestic violent carnts making $? Chris Brown is another.

Lol. Well der!

not decisive at all.

See, you're either being provocative or you don't really know much about Mayweather's style.

He engaged the Filipino when necessary and moved when required.

Why now, after 19 years as champion, would he throw that strategy out the window?

Pacquiao couldn’t hit him. Mayweather spent 90% of the fight against the ropes and Pacquiao couldn’t hit him. And a reasonable portion out of that 90% was spent in the corner and Pacquiao couldn’t hit him.

He’s done this 48 times previously.

Sorry, 48-0 times previously.

Don’t get sh*tty because Mayweather didn’t fight the way you wanted him too.

Still doesn’t make him a great boxer or a winner as such. Not only is he a pathetic human being, but is also a ■■■■ excuse for a ‘real’ boxer.

edit: I watched the fight, but i’m not into boxing and the hype for it was more overrated than Malthouse’s view before he started coaching Fark carlton

What’s a ‘real’ boxer?

I get the disappointment that Pacquiao didn’t get up but self promotion and personal frailties aside, F Mayweather is as good a boxer as he says he is.

Mayweather can’t read and beats his wife yet people want to insult his boxing ability?

Pretty much went today as most expected. Too good, too evasive.

Seen a lot of comments like “it was a BOXING match you’re meant to PUNCH” when really, stuff like footwork and shoulder rolls ect is more important than anything. I’m no expert but go spar someone with footwork and see if it’s all about the ability to punch.

“Real” boxers will teach this sort of thing before they teach you to punch. Rocky movies aren’t “real”.

They should call it ‘dodging’ then.

After watching that fight, I’d say for sure that MMA has eclipsed boxing in terms of big matches being a spectacle.

What's a 'real' boxer?

I get the disappointment that Pacquiao didn’t get up but self promotion and personal frailties aside, F Mayweather is as good a boxer as he says he is.

He is an artist.

Mayweather can't read and beats his wife yet people want to insult his boxing ability?

Pretty much went today as most expected. Too good, too evasive.

Seen a lot of comments like “it was a BOXING match you’re meant to PUNCH” when really, stuff like footwork and shoulder rolls ect is more important than anything. I’m no expert but go spar someone with footwork and see if it’s all about the ability to punch.

“Real” boxers will teach this sort of thing before they teach you to punch. Rocky movies aren’t “real”.

But how do they get mad if they don’t stand there gloves down & take repeated clean shots to the head?

I think people are just disappointed because most of the world wanted Mayweather to be knocked out & shut up for good. I get the sentiment but like you say, he’s just such a great fighter that opponents can’t put him down. He’s exactly why boxing is referred to as the sweet science. I’m sure Ali had his fair share of haters in his day.

Ali was hated (at the time) but venerated now because he challenged things, Mayweather is hated because he is not a very nice person and has done some very ordinary things.
Both ■■■■■■ good at their job though.
Being good at your job doesn’t make you a good person, or vice versa.

Stats (landed shots & percentages) were pretty clear in favour of Mayweather.

Kudos to Mayweather - You have to be very good to be unhittable - Sometimes when you are so good you are under-appreciated.

Who knew lilo’s dad was so famous.

Who knew lilo's dad was so famous.

HARSH

but fair.