Brandon Matera

Of course he is capable of kicking 3 in a game - And its not the first time he's kicked 3 goals - I've rated him as an average AFL player - And never stated he is not good.
Your list of players switching from state footy to the AFL contains mostly good to very good players at AFL level - Green and Matera don't meet those standards
Assuming we have 1, 19 and 37, 55 and they have 4, 22, 40, 58 I'd be going pick 37 and 55 for Matera and 58.

Iā€™m pretty sure theyā€™ve got about 3 other top 30ish picks that were traded to them last year.

Is he contracted? can he walk to pre season draft?
Edit: hes contracted until end of 2017.

I guess hope suns happy with a pick upgrade or a third/late round pick. If draft is deep id almost wanna go draft a kid.

Yes please could be our best small fwd in a long time also if Iā€™m not mistaken he barracked for the Dons as a kid.

What would he cost a early/late second round?

I watch very little of the gold coast so I canā€™t comment too much on how good he is, but seeing as heā€™s struggling to make their team and heā€™ll turn 25 before next season starts, I wouldnā€™t think we should be giving up more than about a 3rd rounder (pick 40 ish).

He would be a massive upgrade on someone like Kommer of course. Regardless of whether we get him or not, Iā€™d be surprised if Kommer is on th elist next year.

Apart from Eades, do we have any other small forward options on the list? Fanta is a mid imo. Long seems to be going better up the ground.
So it certainly wouldnā€™t hurt to have someone like Matera.

I watch very little of the gold coast so I can't comment too much on how good he is, but seeing as he's struggling to make their team and he'll turn 25 before next season starts, I wouldn't think we should be giving up more than about a 3rd rounder (pick 40 ish).

He would be a massive upgrade on someone like Kommer of course. Regardless of whether we get him or not, Iā€™d be surprised if Kommer is on th elist next year.

Apart from Eades, do we have any other small forward options on the list? Fanta is a mid imo. Long seems to be going better up the ground.

Donā€™t think GC will accept a pick in the 40ā€™s reckon 35-40ā€™s region.

Like him. Had his share of injuries but when he is up and about fantastic player.

Guy McKenna connection may pay off here.

I watch very little of the gold coast so I can't comment too much on how good he is, but seeing as he's struggling to make their team and he'll turn 25 before next season starts, I wouldn't think we should be giving up more than about a 3rd rounder (pick 40 ish).

Itā€™s possible our 3rd rounder could end up in the 35-40 region. 37 if there are no priority picks or FA compo picks.

Like him. Had his share of injuries but when he is up and about fantastic player.

Guy McKenna connection may pay off here.

Barracks for the Bombers too.

Get in his ear Bluey.

If heā€™s not contracted he can always walk and we get him for nothing in the PSD.
Thatā€™s my go to on everyone.

Yes

Off to mediation we go again then.

Iā€™ve not seen a huge amount of him. His stats arenā€™t great - just over a goal a game, about 15 disposals and 2.5 tackles. In 2016 and 2014 his goals per game were higher, but in 2015 over 19 games he only averaged 1.0 goals. He is in his 6th season.

I suspect he would be an upgrade on what we have, but isnā€™t quite where we want to get to. Given I think our list is a few years off it, Iā€™d prefer to go to the draft and try and get someone better. If that draftee fails, trade in a small forward later. With guys like Betts, Garlett, SJ, Chapman, Higgins changing clubs, you can pick up guys when closer to the window.

Living in qld I get the opportunity (not always taken) to see all the Suns games on TV. Heā€™s a very dangerous small forward who has been injured inconsistent & Eade wants more from him. If the price was right he might be a very good acquisition. Could be Bewick like.

However he just bought a property on GC & is contracted till end 2017.

Highlights:

We should totes raid GC.

Living in qld I get the opportunity (not always taken) to see all the Suns games on TV. He's a very dangerous small forward who has been injured inconsistent & Eade wants more from him. If the price was right he'd be a very good acquisition. Could be Bewick like.

However he just bought a property on GC & is contracted till end 2017.

Highlights:

Those highlights are impressive

Get him in

Rhys Palmer 2.0

For a third rounder, definitely.

Perfect example of a talented player who would benefit from a fresh start.

Donā€™t need we have Yestin

Reminded me of a young Didak in terms of playing style at U/18 level and when he first came into the league but for whatever reason hasnā€™t developed as expected. Has a lot of natural talent though so this is definitely one that interests me. Much better suggestion than the Ben Griffiths and Ricky Motts of the past.