Break the swear filter - Review thread v Woofers

We are PURE ■■■■

What else is there to say?

Surely this exemplifies the fact that hooker should go back, and that our midfield is still absolutely ■■■■■

6 Likes

After Joe, my 9 year old’s favourite player handballed it away from 2 meters out after that grab almost right in front of us I went ape. She just calmly said to me “Dad. Maybe he just doesn’t want to play footy anymore.”

What do you say to that?

24 Likes

Sh*t attitude and culture within the walls that has seen this kind of game happening for over a decade. Mentally weak, coasting along just expecting it to happen…I’d say I’m surprised but sadly not

I prefer to be measured in my approach normally but I gave up on our entire season mid way through the second quarter. Just how I feel. Disappointing because the round 1 win showed promise and hope.

Could go on and on and pinpoint the areas but what I saw personally was that this team has quite a number of problems. What I saw was a handful of individuals and not a team at all.

3 Likes

The only way to restore balance to the force is to bring Hird back as coach with Sheedy as assistant

23 Likes

A kick in the guts to the supporters who have stayed loyal to the club through its darkest years.

How many times have we seen them come into a game as favourites and give a lacklustre, “go through the motions” type performance?

Yes they will probably come out firing next week, but if they somehow win then they will certainly lose the week after no matter who they play. They can’t hack favouritism.

I honestly don’t know if I will see this club win a final again in my lifetime. They play like a win should be served up on a platter.

The club lost its soul a long time ago under a veneer of plastic marketing spin, and I don’t know if they will ever get it back.

13 Likes

Other than “the Carlisle game” when did we last beat the Bulldogs? Feels like we’ve been their (b1tch) for quite some time now…
Utterly, utterly predictable.
Same (sh1t), different year…
Myers still a (sh1t)-truck.
Bellchambers still can’t string good games together.
Hooker still a better defender than forward.
Heppell still slow.
Brown still VFL standard.
Still no Merrett, no Essendon…
Etc
Etc
Etc…

We are lucky the dogs are so bad… they really should have been 50pts up at half time… could have been a real belting… maybe that is what we needed though… something to actually tell our stupid coach that it isn’t working… we are not learning…

I’m waiting for him to blame Irish for the loss again… that will be fun.

Oh and yes JD farked up… really bad and is woefully out of form and confidence… he was the bright spark up forward when we actually looked like we might climb back into the match. He took some very valuable marks on the wing and delivered pinpoint passes… kicked two goals and then should have had a 3rd to bring us within single digits. His form is one of our issues for sure… but calls to drop him are premature. Our forwardline looks so so so so much better when he and Stewarts are playing up there with smalls at their feet and decent delivery.

2 Likes

Hey Xavier, how about put your balls on the line, come out and say this ■■■■ is unacceptable. And stand by it, and don’t apologise

33 Likes

Thank goodness its only rd 2

7 Likes

I know longer like the Essendon brand. I used to be proud to be a member. Now we are a laughing stock. Not only are players lacking enthusiasm for a win, membership cards are sent out AFTER the start of the season, we have too few indigenous players on the list and we can’t even beat the bottom sides. Oh, hang on we are a bottom side - again! Losing one final every few years is all we’ve been treated to in the last 16 years. Not ■■■■■■ good enough. There’ll be lots of empty seats next week. Mine will be one of them. Get a haircut!

3 Likes

I’m been full-on Hooker forward, but I’d definitely change it now.
Hooker back, Brown out. Bring an extra mid in.

Probably frees us up to leave Stringer forward a bit more often as well, while still keeping Fanta, Tippa and Green in the side.

Should strengthen us in midfield, plus maintain more pressure when the ball hits the ground in our forward line.

Most importantly a few marks in the backline would stop the opposition camping in our forward 50 for 15 minute periods like they did at the start of the game and the start of the 3rd qtr

12 Likes

Is that par or worse?

Not sure tbh

1 Learn to play man on man.
2 Learn how to closely follow your man up the field
3 have some kick out strategies
4 Learn how to block holes as a team.
5 Defensive plan that has been put in place has ruined the team. We are no longer exciting and are actually SLOW.

12 Likes

The intensity at training must not be high enough.

We are not learning to roll with tackles and free our hands so that we can free the runner

We are not learning to deal with high pressure defenses

We do loopy hospital handpasses that must not be getting exposed for the rubbish that they are on the track

In short, according to my son, we suck.

5 Likes

Your rants on Bomberblitz do nothing to solve the issue too.

Where do you get off telling supporters they are “what is wrong” with the club.

Maybe you, personally, continuing to support the club is the issue? Quit Blitz and stop accepting mediocrity.

7 Likes

Playing just like a Neeld team. No fking idea what we’re trying to do. The positioning is horrendous, we don’t read the play or anticipate, we instead wait and react after the fact. And that’s ON the field. Just as bad off it.

31 Likes

There’s been a multitude of losses that have infuriated me over the last 25 off years, but for some reason this takes the cake…such a predictable loss

I hope the players and coaches are equally so, something has to farken change. There is no leadership with this club

1 Like

Only 1 player (Zaka) in the top 9 possession getters, fark me.

1 Like