Build up: Elimination Final v Western Bulldogs

Elimination Final v WCE: changes, speculation, optimism and outright fear in here

1 Like

I hope that worked Blitz is new to me

It was an interesting read going back through the past few elimination finals threads.

West Coast - Super Pessimistic.
Sydney - Fairly Pessimistic
North - 50/50

This has the most optimism out of the elimination threads

So you are saying, you are a highly paid AFL reporter.

5 Likes

i really was not a fan of playing any of the injured players at all…

From that thread:
Ridley - Hartley - Redman
Saad - BZT - Conor
Parish - Heppell - Langford
Lav - Brown - Stringer
Walla - Smack - McG
Tbell - Merrett - Shiel

Snelling - Dlarke - Begley - Ambrose

This is the team that beats WC. I’m right and no one will ever be able to prove otherwise.

the decision to play multiple unfit players throughout 2019 was a disgrace

6 Likes

That hypothetical team has saved me rereading the Thread, and explained the pessimism
Hartley Brown Smack as a spine in a final
With Zerk & Belly plus Ambrose as our other talls.
Sheesh

1 Like

Yep. We were rooted.

They were 22 fittest blokes going into that game.

I was going to correct you to “Where’s the extended squad?” but you seem to be focused on giant ants instead.

1 Like

Since 2014 I watched the Bulldogs play, 3-4 times a year, both AFL and VFL.
I was always impressed by the defensive system they played, the way they structured up when coming out of defence. It was just so organised. When I compared it with our team, sure we had good players, but we lacked the organisation that the Bulldogs showed.

Now when I watched this year, the last few games in particular, I saw the emergence of the same level of organisation. There was always a defender to each side of the ball carrier, always 1 or 2 behind, with a player/s on the fat side ready to switch.

There has been massive growth in that area of the field for us this year BUT we still lack a top line KPD and sides with 2 good KPFs will give us trouble.

Lets see how the defence stands up under finals pressure.

6 Likes

When I was a kid I used to go out and kick the footy in our back paddock, acting out a huge Bombers win before the games. Usually I’d do this every day for days in the lead up to the game. I’m so excited for this game, I feel like grabbing my kids footy, putting my Guernsey on and heading down to our AFL oval to do the same each day until Sunday. Not sure my wife would understand though!

20 Likes

ANNOUNCE ANTHONY MCDONALD TIPPUNGWUTI

1 Like

Did you ask for permission to use my avatar?

2 Likes

I have no idea what Martin’s fitness level is like, but history is littered with teams bringing unfit players into finals and it backfiring.

Hopefully we also remember than whole thinking about Tippa, Langford and Caldwell.

1 Like

No, they don’t have that level of self-awareness.

2 Likes

Brown smack going into your heart or your spine sounds bad.

1 Like

We will be rolling them. And then the umps will intervene.

If Bont goes diving forward again I hope someone drives him face first into the turf.

If your going to give away a free kick make them earn it.

There is a protected zone around the Bont

1 Like

Shoulder, Hip, groin, old age, lack of match fitness, lack of finals level fitness.

He is a cot case. ( I really hope I am right ) Go Sammy !

I genuinely hope the Dogs bring Martin in

1 Like