Bunnings go ape

Always HP for me if available

1 Like

I donā€™t like BBQ sauce, but I do like (good sausages) with mustard (any mustard) rather than sauce.

1 Like

Fark Bunnings. Corporate raiders. Bring back McEwans.

2 Likes

This post still makes me laugh a few days later.

1 Like

I donā€™t understand this attitude about Bunnings, ā€¦ which I hear occasionally, most recently I believe, in Dingusā€™ angry posts.

Why are they hated by some? They are an Aussie company, ā€¦ always have been.

Bunnings Warehouse, is an international household hardware chain. The chain has been owned by Wesfarmers since 1994, and has stores in Australia & New Zealand. Bunnings was founded in Perth, Western Australia in 1887 by 2 Brothers

1 Like

I will never forget some of the absolute junk that Iā€™ve bought from bummings. My favourite were a pair of gardening gloves that I used once and the stitching fell apart. Had put them aside to use awhile back so didnā€™t have the receipt. And it was a pair of gardening gloves ffsā€¦

Who owns them now?

And how many small businesses have they destroyed?

ā– ā– ā– ā–  Bunnings.

1 Like

In brunswick they have vegan sausages. Even smell disgusting

Itā€™s true though!!!

How much sauce you getting on your sausage if itā€™s not diagonal? Itā€™s heaps less. And then when youā€™re eating it goesā€¦sausage without sauce, sausage with sauce and bread, sausage without sauce. (Ā± onions)

Diagonal gives you every bite, fully loaded.

I donā€™t want to derail the thread, because I know this is controversialā€¦so you buy a sausage on the way IN or the way OUT?

1 Like

Yeah well, ā€¦ Mitre 10 were doing the same to Hardware SBā€™s long before Bunnings came along, ā€¦ and you could say exactly the same for Safeway/Woolies, Coles,ā€¦ K Mart, McDonalds and KFC, Ikea, MYER, David Jones,ā€¦ ā€¦ the list never ends, . itā€™s been going on for literally Centuries.

Why are Bunnings singled out? At least Itā€™s an Aussie founded, and Owned Corp and the bucks arenā€™t siphoned overseas, ā€¦ or Tax dodged like Apple Google and the rest of those Tech company prickz.

2 Likes

Their practise of putting stores opposite locally owned shops. stooging their supply chain. Price match guarantees, that they use every excuse under the sun to squirm out of.

Theyā€™re standard corporate ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .

3 Likes

Costs a lot to get the sausage ā€œon the way outā€ aka German style. Real niche market. And thereā€™s always ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  corn with it.

Like I said, , it was Mitre 10 that wiped out all other small Hardware stores first, . ā€¦ down here at least,ā€¦ but at the time it happened, I heard they were doing it in all Country areas.

Capeview Mitre 10 TBE, ā€¦ if they couldnā€™t buy them out, they undercut and bullied them out until they were the only ones right throughout Sth Gippsland with ZERO competition until Bunnings rocked in, ā€¦ and they have been a Godsend to all the Tradies at least in providing that competition, and forcing Capeview to stop ripping every man and his dog off blind.

1 Like

Masters used to be an alternative but now thereā€™s noone to compete with them

Bunnings is great for completely hopeless people like myself. I should get around to doing that thing, but I need to get x to do it. Oh x is like 20 bucks at Bunnings. Who cares if it breaks, odds are Iā€™ll never use it again.

2 Likes

Masters was nothing but a waste of money. Tradies hated the joint and they build opposite every Bunnings. Cost Woolworths billions.

Was never going to work.

And an American Company essentially, meaning a fair swag of profits left the Country.

Profits?

3 Likes

Lol, good point.

I seem to have left out the ā€œWould haveā€ bit there ā€¦

Mitre 10 are franchises, arenā€™t they?

Bunnings went out and smashed Thrifty link, home, mcewans and mitre 10, plus all the actual independents. I feel theyā€™re going to test out monopoly laws pretty soon.

1 Like