Calombaris and other shonky employers

One time when I lived in Box Hill I was in line at the Subway in Box Hill central food court, and the girl in front of me in line (who looked about 19, big smile, rainbow-coloured tshirt with a cheerful anime character on it) casually shook the place down for protection money. In the middle of the day, right in front of me, with the whole place packed and a bunch of cops and security guards all over the place. And she got paid too. Dunno who she was working for. Some things you don’t poke your nose into unless you want it hacked off with a machete.

Whole suburb is as crooked as a very crooked thing.

Although it’s not the same since Mary left!

1 Like

Yeah, but the dumplings are friggin delicious and plentiful, so… Swings and roundabouts.

3 Likes

As far as I’m concerned it’s fraud.
There’s no way known an organisation that size (hundreds of employees) didn’t have staff asking HR, and HR asking management.

This is when you need a prosecutor who wants to take a big scalp.

2 Likes

Who the hell does 15 years of Uni?

1 Like

Surgeons do 16? ish.

I have a high school friend who started at University of Melbourne with me in 1971; he is still there !

1 Like

Lol, my mate did an arts degree with a look at changing into teaching.
Started in 2000, still going.

Prosperity change, $888.88.

I’ve got a GF like that,… perpetual student.

Going on 30 years now, … one degree after the other. (a few half ones in there too from the early days)

You have had a GF for over 30 years ? Commitment issues huh ?

3 Likes

I’ve had many GF’s over 30 years, … most still are.

1 Like

you must be good at scheduling

Nah, … serial Monogamist.

That’s amazing. Who on earth would a Subway require ‘protection’ from?

1 Like

DC Dumplings. Little hole in the wall type place on Station St. Do yourself a favour

1 Like

The one across the road is better imo.

1 Like

I’ve tried that one too, we might have to disagree!

1 Like

Irate food critics?

This is not the first time this has happened. So his attention to detail in terms of the running of the restaurants is not up to par. After the first time if it happens again, you are either a crook or shouldn’t be running a business if the staff are being underpaid.

I BET GEORGIE BOY ISN’T UNDERPAID!!!