Celebrity Deaths 2017

Maybe not a celeb in the traditional sense, but Mark Colvinā€™s death should probably be noted. Ridiculously good journalist and the best radio voice I have ever ever heard.

7 Likes

Agreed. PM will never be the same.

2 Likes

He did well. Looked almost that old to me when I used to watch him back in the 70s.

Fair call

Foreign Correspondent doing a special tomorrow.

1 Like

Just on the whole death & aging, ā€¦ is this the place for some positive stories in that vein??

Saw a fella on the news tonight that just did a parachute jump from 10K feet to mark his 101st Birthday.

D Day vet he is, and this is the 2nd time heā€™s jumped recently, ā€¦ he first did it to mark his 100th year on the planet 12 months ago.

Didnā€™t look a day over 70, and was as lucid as I am, ā€¦ maybe moreso atm after the weekend :wink:

Wonder what his secret is ā€¦

2 Likes

Doesnā€™t follow Essendon.

8 Likes

Itā€™s probably not whatever Iā€™m doing.

1 Like

this is just unbelievable Chris Cornell of Soundgarden has passed away age 52ā€¦so sad

This is totally ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– !!

An out and out music star

2 Likes

Freaking hell. My favourite singer from that 90ā€™s grunge breakout.

Genuinely shocked at this one.

Vale to a genuine music icon of my youth.

Seems like someone notable is dying every day the last little while, but if true that Chris Cornell is dead then Iā€™m shattered. Icon of rock, best voice ever. Seriously, I canā€™t imagine him being gone.

Pretty much just Eddie left now from that amazing period of music

geez so much of my youth and 20ā€™s involved Chrisā€™s musicā€¦ gutted.

2 Likes

A few weeks ago, I was reading a very old article about the death of the lead singer of Stone Temple Pilotsā€¦ and it referred to his voice being the signature of a era, along with the lead singer of Alice in Chains, and a couple of othersā€¦Cornellā€™s name was probably on thereā€¦

Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Stanley, Chris Cornell, Scott Weiland all goneā€¦please Eddie look after yourself

FARK :cry: