Celebrity Deaths 2017

And Dean Mercer wins the dubious twitter death lottery

social media was right this time

Back in the day Ironman was very popular.

Grant Kenny
Guy Leech
Trevor Hendy
Dean Mercer

Just to name a few.

Ironwoman was popular as well; Karla Gilbert was my favorite

DAYUM ROS.

Yeah I used to think that too. When I was 20 my mates and I were hanging ■■■■ on an old bloke and he replied “might be 70 but I got there, you haven’t yet”

Except that I am well into my sixties and reckon 70 years is enough of a life for all. Ironic for an atheist to take a biblical view.

Three score and …three score more.

Q: Who wants to live to be 100?
A: People who are 99

1 Like

A visit to most nursing homes may convince otherwise.

Shelley Berman ,famous Jewish " sit down" comedian dies at age 92. Known for his one sided phone conversations. His "Department Store- Woman hanging from a ledge " is one of the great comedy pieces of all time . Google it , you won’t be sorry.

Walter Becker has passed away at 67. Co-founder of Steely Dan.

1 Like

Walter Becker no more Reeling In The Years. RIP.

1 Like

RIP Walter Becker

67, damn he was too young. But it seems they’ve been around forever.
I remember driving across the States with a mate in 1990, and we were listening almost non-stop to a Steely Dan greatest hits cassette. Hearing songs like “Dirty work” for the first time, and listening for the weird “vibraphone” type sound that underpins the into riff in “Ricky don’t lose that number”-all the while passing through the vastness of Arizona and Nevada. It just was right.

4 Likes

Just realised no one has put Grant Hart, 56, drummer, singer, and founder of HĂźsker DĂź. A band I always dug in small doses and finally cracked through and appreciated on a deeper level more recently. Playing in a punk band in the 90s, I had no idea how much these guys had influenced my own sound, till I found out most of the bands I was emulating had been trying to sound like HĂźsker DĂź.
The classic:

The one I had cranking in the car just the other day:

RIP Grant.

8 Likes

Hugely influential and creative was Grant Hart.

…multi instrumentalist drummer, kinda looks a bit similar.

2 Likes

Harry Dean Stanton has checked out. Loved him in Paris, Texas. Can’t believe he was 91.

4 Likes

Harry was a great actor for the “character”. Loved an independent film especially. Repo Man stands out for me. Oddball and low key cool.

1 Like

Also, HDS as the hitchhiker in Two Lane Blacktop

1 Like

This thread is becoming a who’s who of dudes I’ve never heard of

6 Likes