Celebrity Deaths 2017

Loved the character of Mod in this very pleasant series.

Rip Gord Downie, lead singer with the Tragically Hip. Cancer, at 53.
Awesome Canadian band that never quite made it in OZ. Over here they were a national treasure. One of the better live bands I have been lucky to see.

1 Like

That’s no good.

Sucks.

Sorry to hear that.

Spent most of 1992 in Canada and the Tragically Hip were huge there at the time, and with good reason.
The following year they played at the Central Club in Richmond in what was a fantastic pub gig.

Farewell George Young, rock legend, member of the Easybeats, producer of AC/DC and brother of Malcolm and Angus.

5 Likes

‘Legend’ is bandied about a bit too freely, but think George has well and truly earned the title.

4 Likes

Good call to choose that one.
Much nicer.

2 Likes

Judith McGrath passed away. Former All Saints, Around the Twist and Country Practise actress. Mum loved watching her on the television in All Saints.

6 Likes

As a kid, I remember Officer Powell. She started out as a ‘baddie’, but ended up a ‘goodie’!

I was rarely able to watch it at home, but was able to snag Tuesday nights at a friend’s house under the guise of doing homework, and watch it there.

Had to prepare early to prove I’d (cough) done some homework while there.

Good times!

I think the Garry Shandling show theme has it covered.

1 Like

Yep, loved her in Prisoner, definitely was better than old “Vinegar ■■■■” Vera :grinning:

3 Likes

That’s no good.

How is Malcolm going?

Vale George Young. I think Harry Vanda , passed away a couple of years` ago ,too. What legends . Gone but not forgotten.
When i saw the headline , i thought it was Malcolm , at first . George will not be forgotten .

Yep. Tuesday night in the 1980s was Prisoner night for me ,too. Nothing else mattered. I reckon i watched every episode with my dearole Nan .

The new Wentworth absolutely kills the old prisoner ,but in it`s day , it was a top notch show 

My stuff up. Harry Vanda is still alive . Sorry , Harry .

One of the most influential song-writers/music producers going around fro Australian music. He and Vanda were huge, they don’t come much better.

Condolences to the Young family.

3 Likes

A better song, too.

2 Likes

Elvis (the spider?) cracked me up the most.

2 Likes

been smashin this one too:

RIP met him a few times, great bloke!

3 Likes