Celebrity Deaths 2017

One of the first two records l ever bought (Good Vibrations) was the other. l bought them for about 2 shillings each. l also got to see him play live, just after the Easybeats returned from a tour of England, at the Blind Institute Hall, in Mowbray St. (IIRC) on St, Kilda Rd. That would have been in 1969 or 1970. A good show it was too.

2 Likes

It was the Belgian Beer Cafe, when I worked opposite.

Admittedly it was 14 years back.

You still ended up blind.

1 Like

Fats Domino, the amiable rock ‘n’ roll pioneer whose steady, pounding piano and easy baritone helped change popular music even as it honored the grand, good-humored tradition of the Crescent City, has died aged 89.
RIP

1 Like

I found my thrill
On Blueberry Hill

RIP Fats, a true legend.

1 Like

Ain’t That A Shame?

2 Likes

I was obsessed with the history of rock/pop when I was a kid.
So obv, Fats.
Kids these days don’t seem to care. And I kind of get that. A bit.
The fifties are to them are what the twenties were to me.
But still…

Robert Guillaume has passed away aged 89.
Best know for his roles in Soap and Benson and also the voice of Rafiki in the Lion King

Hated Benson.

Krause was the worst.

Back then it was called Opus as I recall. I went to school across the street.

Wesley ■■■■■■!

Oh, cruel!

Reminds me of Happy Days. Great show.

Roy Halladay has died in a plane crash. Brilliant MLB pitcher.

Chuck Mosely. Former Faith No More lead singer died from addiction at 57 .

He was there before their big hit Epic , I never followed this band ,but love Epic .

RIP
1 Like

We weren’t all so fortunate as to be brutalised by the “Christian” Brothers at East St. Kilda…

As well as being a truly great piano man, singer and songsmith, he was a nice guy.

“My tears fell like rain.”

9 years…avoided all that.

Worst was a little seppo shortarse lay teacher who loved trying to humiliate kids from the higher forms. Heard later he’d died of AIDS.

I thought the other bloke sang ‘Epic’? Mosely sang on 'We Care A Lot".

That is exactly what i said Diggers. You read my post too fast … He was there BEFORE Epic .

1 Like