Celebrity Deaths 2017

RIP Chuck. Part of the funk/metal pioneer era.

1 Like

Sean Hughes’s brother, Martin, was on the Conversation Hour with Jon Faine (ABC Melbourne) this morning. He’s a publisher (had something to do with publishing Sheeds’s recent book) and used to publish The Big Issue (or edit it, or something).

He spent most of the time I heard talking about Sean, and how he’d died essentially from alcoholism. He reckons being a big success early on was his downfall, particularly with attracting an entourage of leeches and sycophants.

1 Like

Twitter reporting that Rob Astbury has dropped off the twig. He was the newsreader that Derryn Hinch outed as being Graham Kennedy’s significant other when Gra-Gra kicked off.

Onya, Hinchy.
That’s life.

Hunch is a ■■■■.

1 Like

Malcolm Young has just passed away at 64 .
Thanks for the memories and condolences to all the ACDC family and community.

RIP.
1 Like

Bugger. The Young family lost 2 in 4 weeks…

RIP Malcolm.

Forever Malcolm Young.

Wrote long way to the top.

David Cassidy (Partridge Family/singer) in critical condition with multiple organ failure.

Charles Manson has died.

His condition is described as satisfactory.

15 Likes

One sick celebrity. Glad he is dead, and never a chance for parole. If we had a good news thread, this should be posted in it.

1 Like

After seeing the news I did a bit of reading into Manson and found out that he was once set on fire by a Hare Krishna.

Merry Christmas Charlie Manson

Jana Novotna died of cancer. Only 49.

1998 Wimbledon Champion Jana Novotna passed away aged 49 after a long battle with cancer.
Also over the weekend dual Olympic Gold medallist Gillian Rolton lost her battle with cancer. Not a great lover of the equestrian events but still one of the most courageous things in sport was her effort in riding with a broken collarbone and cracked ribs to claim gold in Atlanta

5 Likes

I teared up when Novotna teared up after losing to Graf at Wimbledon. She lost again But she won two years later.

4 Likes

You were a few days early.

Didn’t say he died, just said he was in a bad way.

Reported that David Cassidy has passed away as the result of organ failure. Aged 67. For all the ladies out there that used to scream over him in the Partridge family, I offer my condolences. A talented performer, but like so many before him and since, it is impossible to maintain that level of fame.

Was Novotna the one that completely capitulated in a final?